Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
There is a sale, $800 off, shipping $100, so it is $3,300 delivered. Still too much. At that discounted price, it is only marked up about 10% to 15% over the non-indian bike it is based on.

It might be worth it if it had more power and capability, but then it would require a license and not be an e-bike anymore I guess. Just seems way too under powered to ride it anywhere those tires suggest it could ride.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think the issue with electric right now is charging. A single WaWa or Speedway can refuel a couple hundred cars an hour (to full long range capacity). This would require an acre of chargers and parking spaces, let alone the additional grid capacity to power it. And it won't be 5 minutes in and out. So you are really reliant on at-home charging, which takes quite a long time, even with upgraded chargers. I don't know when they will get to the point where charging a car is as fast as gassing a car, so unless they upgrade the limits of residential electric service (to 480v), I don't see us progressing to electric as fast as some states say they will. I don't even see cities putting forth much of an effort of creating the infrastructure we need for the electric cars currently on the road. I do think we will eventually get there, just I and most of us will be dead before then.:)

·
Registered
322 Posts
That certainly makes sense if your commute is that short and parking that expensive. Your average decent car costs $500 to $600 a month total (including gas etc), for all of your driving. Can't imagine a situation where just going to work is $1000 a month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts