Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

I dunno.......$4000?

1798 46
Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire Bicycle frame

Tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycle tire Automotive tire

My '22 Royal Enfield 350 Classic was only $4800, and that's 'OTD'...
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Less money, with dual motors.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Look up how many gas powered vehicles burn per 100,000 compared to electric. News companies sensationalize electric vehicle fires. It’s something like 1000 plus per 100,000 for gas and 25 per 100,000 for electric.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
The concept of electric bicycles is similar to RV camping to me. Where do you draw the line? Are you really camping if you're sitting inside a $50,000 trailer with all the accommodations of home. Are you really bicycling if you never pedal the bike by foot.
I work with people who use an electric bicycle for commuting. They can park at work by entrance and don't have to park in an out lot and shuttle to work, get a parking permit for a ramp or pay for daily parking. One guy estimates he saves 15-20 minutes off of his commute time every morning, saves about $1000.00 per month in parking, maintenance and fuel.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
That certainly makes sense if your commute is that short and parking that expensive. Your average decent car costs $500 to $600 a month total (including gas etc), for all of your driving. Can't imagine a situation where just going to work is $1000 a month.
I agree his parking alone would be a little over $180 per month to lease a ramp parking spot downtown and he still has a 5-10 minute walk to work. Otherwise he would have to park in an out lot and get shuttled to work. Hospital has bicycle parking by building entrances.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts