Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Founding member / distinguished
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like you're paying a lot just for the IM branding. A quick Google search showed comparable all terrain e-bikes at a less wallet-hitting price.
View attachment 716539
Kinda like that deal with their $80+ Taiwan inner tubes, I guess.

Heck, now that I think of it, that tube price was from about four years ago, If they've risen like everything else in the past year, they must be $200 each by now (only half joking about that).

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Looks like you're paying a lot just for the IM branding. A quick Google search showed comparable all terrain e-bikes at a less wallet-hitting price.
View attachment 716539
This is perfect lol. I was about to say the Indian should only cost maybe 1500. Definite proof right here, good find.

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
Less money, with dual motors.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Limited, Ruby Red Metallic
521 Posts
I can get a bike for a coupla hundred bucks, put “Indian“ stickers on it…..but I’d have to pedal it.

Pedaling a bike……whooda thunk…….

Reactions: J Backlund

·
Founding member / distinguished
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking at that little Indian electric bike, and trying to see anything there that could justify a price of $4000, knowing how many hours I have to work in order to come up with that amount, after taxes, just mystifies me.

How is that bike worth so much, but my labor worth so little by comparison?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I sure know. HELL no, I will never buy any electric vehicle.

Reactions: DeeRow

·
Silver member
4,072 Posts
Looking at that little Indian electric bike, and trying to see anything there that could justify a price of $4000, knowing how many hours I have to work in order to come up with that amount, after taxes, just mystifies me.

How is that bike worth so much, but my labor worth so little by comparison?
It’s not.

·
Registered
324 Posts
There is a sale, $800 off, shipping $100, so it is $3,300 delivered. Still too much. At that discounted price, it is only marked up about 10% to 15% over the non-indian bike it is based on.

It might be worth it if it had more power and capability, but then it would require a license and not be an e-bike anymore I guess. Just seems way too under powered to ride it anywhere those tires suggest it could ride.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts