Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought a 2018 Indian Scout Bobber, and I changed the exhaust last year to the shorter Crusher Mavericks. I was told they can be put on without new calibration. So I ran them all last year. This year, I see they came out with a new shorter stage one exhaust that I would really like. They tell me they won't work. They will fit, but they can't be calibrated according the Polaris email and telephone people. I call BS. I had a Ducati Monster and could calibrate the bike with a Power Commander with no problem with Forza High Pipes.

So the question is, has anybody done this, changed the exhaust and used a different type of Power Commander system to tune it. What is the difference between the old version Stage One exhaust and the shorter version?

Maybe I should have bought the Harley.

Gary

·
Bronze member
2,247 Posts
If it can’t be tuned through Polaris. Time to buy a dynojet tuner and have a custom tune installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,658 Posts
Those Indian calibration cards are not performance related. All they do is bring your bike back to within EPA compliance.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Thanks, I will go there and check it out. Appreciate the help.

Gary
No worries. My bike is going to the dealer for stage 2 tomorrow and my PV3 is also arriving tomorrow so I don't know a lot about it. Every time someone complains of engine issues or stalling or whatever, the overwhelming response has always been get a PV3. Every thread I've read on them is people saying it's nothing short of the best thing they've done for their bike. CraigB1960 here is the guy who specializes in all things PV3 Indian (might just be the ThunderStrokes but I'm not sure). Hit him up if you have any specific questions.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
No worries. My bike is going to the dealer for stage 2 tomorrow and my PV3 is also arriving tomorrow so I don't know a lot about it. Every time someone complains of engine issues or stalling or whatever, the overwhelming response has always been get a PV3. Every thread I've read on them is people saying it's nothing short of the best thing they've done for their bike. CraigB1960 here is the guy who specializes in all things PV3 Indian (might just be the ThunderStrokes but I'm not sure). Hit him up if you have any specific questions.
He's a guru. A cool dude, and I hear a snappy dresser as well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What stage 2 on what bike? Let me know how it goes. I guess I have to buy a PV3.

G.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
What stage 2 on what bike? Let me know how it goes. I guess I have to buy a PV3.

G.
I have a Roadmaster. The engine is stock right now. Indian slip-ons, Indian high flow intake (combined are stage 1) and then stage 2 cams. Lots of complaints about the Indian tune. The CraigB tune is supposed to be impressively better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts