Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Close calls. Heal up, get fixed up. I do get really pissed seeing all the damn idiots who figure out that they don't need to strap loads in the back of their pickups.

·
Rider
556 Posts
Or the idiots in dump trucks hauling gravel who don't properly secure the load and spill gravel as they go. Don't get me wrong, a lot of the drivers around here are pretty good about making sure they aren't doing that but there's always ONE dummy in the bunch.

I'm surprised there's not more damage on the bike, at least once you're all back together the bike should be waiting for you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The extent of damage to the bike I think is attributable to a long slide with no impact (to the bike) by the concrete median. The handlebar on the right also struck the tank, the handle bar, highway bar, and rear bar on the left supported the bike along the long slide.

I remember thinking "am I gonna be ok (before the strike)" to "oh, no I'm not" (during the strike), to "oh dear" as I left the bike.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
So sorry to hear that but glad you survived. A reminder to all of us that anything can happen in the blink of an eye.

·
Founding member
476 Posts
I got rear-ended by another bike a couple of years ago. The left highway bar protected my leg from injury, getting bent forward from the impact. Highway bars do much more than protect you bags during a drop.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
regarding repairs versus totaling, while I'm not qualified to say this, I bet the answer may relate to whether the frame is cracked. I've only seen three photos, but it looks repairable - an ok engine and frame.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Glad you’re ok. I’ve bought a few insurance “totals” not always near totalled. They generally call it a total loss at 70% value. If you can turn a wrench and or paint you can do pretty well buying them back and fixing. If you decide to go that route make sure your insurance will cover a rebuilt vehicle, some won’t and get a receipt for every part you buy and take before during and after pics of anything you repair. Good luck on the recovery!!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Glad it wasn’t any worst Because it sure could have been. get well and glad your still with us. Bikes can be replaced I’ve totaled 2. They come they go. They can easily be replaced unlike us.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Glad you are writing about this, instead of having the tale written for you. In 2020 I've dodged a soccer net coming out of the back of a pickup, and a 40 gallon trash can coming off a landscaping trailer. Everybody be careful out there. They are trying to kill us.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
To quote C3P0- "Funny...the damage dosen't look as bad from out here"

Glad that you are OK!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts