Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a saddle bag organizer to hold the air pump and my kickstand pad along with the registration and insurance cards.

All I could find around here was ripstop nylon, besides the sewing machine I have struggled to do the work through the section where multiple layers making the seams are.

Now all I need to do is wait for spring and see how well it holds up to the miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good
Thank you, for my 1st real sewing project I think it came out ok. There's lots of stitching that isn't as straight as I'd like but for now I just want to get miles on it to see how things react to the vibrations of being on hte road.

The 2 big things I wanted was to keep the pump on the bike but I didn't it to be rattling around in the bottom of the bag getting beat up and the kickstand pad I wanted it to be easy to get to if I stop somewhere the ground is soft enough to be needed.

The rest of my tools and tire plug kit I keep in an old mag pouch that should be ok to ride along in the bottom of the bag

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am thinking that nylon stop strap on the saddlebag lid looks like a good place for a MOLLE ammo pouch to hold all of that stuff. Not sure if it will work though. Looks like you found a solution!.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am thinking that nylon stop strap on the saddlebag lid looks like a good place for a MOLLE ammo pouch to hold all of that stuff. Not sure if it will work though. Looks like you found a solution!.
I have a '17 so my bags don't have the stop strap. I was thinking about gluing my pouches to the inside of the lid but the more I thought about it they would always be trying to peel themselves off once summer came around and the heat might soften the adhesive.

I do use an ammo pouch for my tool kit, it's about the size of a tall box of shotgun shells I might start a different discussion about that later.

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
Looks pretty sweet. Did you run some hook and loop along the long bottom side to help prevent sagging once you put some more weight in it?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks pretty sweet. Did you run some hook and loop along the long bottom side to help prevent sagging once you put some more weight in it?
What I did was cut a 1" wide piece of lexan that the back panel is folded over and the grommets pass through to form kind of a rigid spine for the whole thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts