Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,559 Posts
OOOH..tapered primaries into a proper merge collector...NICE!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bassani is waiting to see market response to their 2 into 1 and then will produce a stainless model. I hope S&S sells theirs.

·
Bronze member
1,327 Posts
I messaged them on Instagram about the exhaust system, and unfortunately they said they will not be producing this system.

But if we bother them enough maybe they will...
They will be producing this system....but ONLY and strictly for RACE/OFF road purposes. Why would they make this exhaust system.....then scrap it....unless of course, it didn't perform (well)? What do I know????

·
Bronze member
1,559 Posts
They will be producing this system....but ONLY and strictly for RACE/OFF road purposes. Why would they make this exhaust system.....then scrap it....unless of course, it didn't perform (well)? What do I know????
Most exhaust systems for years have been labeled "for off-road use/not legal for street use" for years, except for a few that have met CARB regs.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
708 Posts
Ok... I have to ask the question because I don't understand. What are the advantages to this kind of exhaust? I see that there probably isn't a cat and that makes sense but I'm lost after that and need an education. :)

·
Rider
970 Posts
Ok... I have to ask the question because I don't understand. What are the advantages to this kind of exhaust? I see that there probably isn't a cat and that makes sense but I'm lost after that and need an education. :)
2-1 systems make the best performance. They also, just might like the way it looks.

·
Bronze member
2,426 Posts
If designed from "the math" and then thoroughly tweaked during an extensive " product testing", a 2-1 is hard to beat for performance enhancement.

However, if not, a 2-1 is nothing - as we've seen with Scout charts..

·
Registered
448 Posts
The pipe S&S made for the race bike might not fit. They are not running foot boards, they have rear sets. It looks like the foot board would not fit.

·
Rider
418 Posts
Let’s hope you’re right. Because my all of a sudden my bike will be a race bike.

·
Bronze member
2,426 Posts
Let’s hope you’re right. Because my all of a sudden my bike will be a race bike.
Don't you just hate when that happens - You buy a nice bagger with the "plenty of everything" you've always wanted to have, next thing you know, it's a damned race bike !

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would be concerned the Freedom turn out would touch the ground at full lean. Also the Freedom stuff tends to drone loudly. I had to buy the quiet inserts for my slip-ons. Those things would give you a headache without the quiet baffles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts