Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most of us I'm sure I can't leave well enough alone. I bought the red and black Chief Vintage and not too long after I got it home I took an ex acto knife to the fringe on the saddle bags, so much more to my liking with the fringe gone. Next up I hope to find someone with a red and black Chief Classic that want's to trade gas tanks so I can have the "painted on" script instead of the chrome script and then I'll be on the look out for someone that has a Chieftain that want's spoked rims so I can get cast rims instead. After that who knows, maybe some hard saddle bags. 10600654_10154763142300581_301631287824655757_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I concur on the fringe. As Jay Leno refers to it, "the Village People" option. Much cleaner with the fringe removed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As far as "What's Next"...wish more aftermarket options would start to emerge.
I contacted SAC up in New York to see if they had plans to make their 2 tone braided leather grips for Indian paint schemes.
here's Harley example:

They are large diameter, which creates that "less turn-more power effect" when you twist throttle. They make nice Native American designs too. Not a shill...just a big fan. Hopefully they are considering it.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Not a Fan of the Fringe Either .. But do agree get out on it and Ride ..

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
My is held on with Velcro, (which I like) leave it on take it off my choice. The dealer also added on the handle bar LONG fringe, not sure I can handle it flying around hitting my arms on a long trip. I will keep my razor shank handy

1 - 20 of 54 Posts