Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I bought a Harley. First off, I own a 17 Springfield I bought brand new. I have 25k on the ODO and I'm not getting rid of it. I'm planning on a Challenger when I do but I can't see getting rid of it now, it's just that good. Perhaps a newer Springfield when that time comes.

Long story short I keep 2 bikes. I keep a more naked stripped down for blasting around and through San Francisco Bay area streets and traffic. I traded my Moto Guzzi for a 22 Softail Standard. I've always been a fan of the Street Bob even when it was a Dina and never knew about the Softail Standard (a stripped-down street bob with a 107 M8).
Dealerships around here have very limited inventory now. I was just looking around the HD dealership and got the Softail. I'm glad I did. I paid cash on the balance and really enjoying the character of the Motorcycle. I'm 6-1 tall and I'm comfortable with the riding position as long as I'm Keeping it under 70 mph.

I'm really happy with my decision. I'm proud to own a motorcycle from both iconic American motorcycle companies. It puts me in both clubs LOL. Anyway, keep the rubber side down and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2022 Springfield Crimson Red
153 Posts
Only one club...Riders! I have owned two Softtail standards in my life and they were both great bikes. Although the first had a carburetor and had a problem getting up the grapevine. I have a Springfield now and love it as well.
Russion River road to Austin Creek Rd. It goes over the mountain and over to the coast. Incredible ride!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only one club...Riders! I have owned two Softtail standards in my life and they were both great bikes. Although the first had a carburetor and had a problem getting up the grapevine. I have a Springfield now and love it as well.
Russion River road to Austin Creek Rd. It goes over the mountain and over to the coast. Incredible ride!!
Oh yes, the softails of today are completely different beasts. Much improved.

·
Registered
Indian Chieftain Ltd 2018
314 Posts
Yes, I bought a Harley. First off, I own a 17 Springfield I bought brand new. I have 25k on the ODO and I'm not getting rid of it. I'm planning on a Challenger when I do but I can't see getting rid of it now, it's just that good. Perhaps a newer Springfield when that time comes.

Long story short I keep 2 bikes. I keep a more naked stripped down for blasting around and through San Francisco Bay area streets and traffic. I traded my Moto Guzzi for a 22 Softail Standard. I've always been a fan of the Street Bob even when it was a Dina and never knew about the Softail Standard (a stripped-down street bob with a 107 M8).
Dealerships around here have very limited inventory now. I was just looking around the HD dealership and got the Softail. I'm glad I did. I paid cash on the balance and really enjoying the character of the Motorcycle. I'm 6-1 tall and I'm comfortable with the riding position as long as I'm Keeping it under 70 mph.

I'm really happy with my decision. I'm proud to own a motorcycle from both iconic American motorcycle companies. It puts me in both clubs LOL. Anyway, keep the rubber side down and enjoy the ride.
no need to apologize. well, actually there is. selling a moto guzzi, nooooo way.... the dark side will come over you.
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
great - everyone should have the chance to have a variety of motorcycles ready for a wonderful ride, of any brand, just for the fun of it...
:)

·
Premium Member
'20 Challenger Limited | '17 RM Icon
79 Posts

#metoo. Bought a FXDR in March to add some variety. Wanted something more customizable in no way will this ever replace my Indians Fun tho
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
2018 Indian Motorcycle Scout Bobber Star Silver Smoke
424 Posts
wouldn't trade my Scout for anything but I do miss our Road King Special and the Heritage Softtail before it. Great bikes

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was watching the Pursuits video. Wow I thought these guys were like serious riders. How come they never follow me when I do my 3-7000 mile trips. I do one big ride every year in tribute to all US vets. I always do an Iron Butt for the first leg. I will be riding from either Houston or Escondido to Sturgis. I've got a High School reunion in Niagara Falls after.
This photo is from Custer, SD.
Water Sky Plant Water resources Tree

·
Registered
2017 Chieftain Limited, 2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse
289 Posts
I'd like to know where this is located. If the road is in CA, then I might check it out next week while I'm down South from WA St.

·
Registered
2022 Springfield Crimson Red
153 Posts
I'd like to know where this is located. If the road is in CA, then I might check it out next week while I'm down South from WA St.
The road I spoke of is off of HyWy 101 in Santa Rosa. Russian River road turnoff is just north of Santa Rosa and is itself a great ride going through Guerneville and Forestville through the redwoods. The turnoff to Austin Creek (there are two, take the second one just after the creek) is one of the best rides I have been on, emptying out onto HyWy 1 on the coast. Depending on where you want to end up going north will take you to Eureka, South will go all the way to San Francisco.

Reactions: VicTim

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster
86 Posts
I keep a more naked stripped down for blasting around and through San Francisco Bay area streets and traffic. I traded my Moto Guzzi for a 22 Softail Standard.
All I can do is shake my head. How could you get rid of a Moto Guzzi for (shudder) a Harley? If you want a stripped-down naked bike for blasting around the streets, there is nothing more raw, more capable, more pure motorcycle than a Moto Guzzi Griso.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well, I'm going to wear out this information. The wife and I have matching paint '16 HD's. Hers is a 883 Super Low while mine is a '16 RK. And of course, in the stable in my 2000 Chief. Each has a specific purpose, yet both ridden for and with enjoyment. I look at it as owning great companies that specialize in American Iron! I'm lucky enough to be able to afford, and enjoy, both.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts