Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to restore my 2003 Chief Vintage (#20 of 500) back to original.
Does anybody have an original set of grips lying around that they removed

Thanks
Richard
Victoria BC

·
Silver member
5,306 Posts
Here is a link to get some new ones.

Reactions: Sixstring

·
Silver member
5,306 Posts
Cool. Mark is one of two main suppliers of parts for the Garlic years.

·
Registered
99 chief , 18 roadmaster, 07 roadking, 15 softail
80 Posts
Cool. Mark is one of two main suppliers of parts for the Garlic years.
Who is the other supplier, is it advark? I figured those 2 were the same person because the site looks identical and it looks like the same town?

·
Silver member
5,306 Posts
Who is the other supplier, is it advark? I figured those 2 were the same person because the site looks identical and it looks like the same town?
Yes, they are one and the same. The other supplier is Guy Aueyoung (not correct spelling). You can find him on ebay under American-moto parts. He worked for the Gilroy factory and still lives in the SF bay area.

Then their are suppliers that are still around for some things. It all depends on what you need.

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
Yes, they are one and the same. The other supplier is Guy Aueyoung (not correct spelling). You can find him on ebay under American-moto parts. He worked for the Gilroy factory and still lives in the SF bay area.

Then their are suppliers that are still around for some things. It all depends on what you need.
You're leaving out one very important person. Dave "Huggy Bear" Hansen in Ventura California. Owner of The Shop. He specializes in vintage Indian's and was my supplier for all things Gilroy and Kings Mountain. He knows his stuff. He was in the 2013 motorcycle documentary, Why We Ride.

·
Silver member
5,306 Posts
Didn't know of Dave. Thanks. Good to know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts