Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good ride. Enjoying the serenity of the road and trying to avoid the cities. Lost in those road rumble daydreams enjoying life and the ride on my Indian. Stopped a while back at a mom-n-pop diner. Good food, good coffee. Bought one to-go and have it in the cup caddy enjoying every gulp.
Coming up on a city. Traffic is getting heavier leaving less time to sip my coffee. I'm not familiar with the roads here but they seem to be welled labeled. And then I come upon this...
Road-signs-confusing.jpg

Made it through that and then...
confusing-traffic-signs.jpg

Where am I going?

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Good ride. Enjoying the serenity of the road and trying to avoid the cities. Lost in those road rumble daydreams enjoying life and the ride on my Indian. Stopped a while back at a mom-n-pop diner. Good food, good coffee. Bought one to-go and have it in the cup caddy enjoying every gulp.
Coming up on a city. Traffic is getting heavier leaving less time to sip my coffee. I'm not familiar with the roads here but they seem to be welled labeled. And then I come upon this...
View attachment 4595
View attachment 4596

Where am I going?
That is crazy LOL

·
Registered
228 Posts
View attachment 4595
View attachment 4596

Where am I going?
You sure that is not North Carolina. All of those road numbers cross and some of them run together. If this is not NC, MD is just as bad. That is why when one asks for directions in NC they get "Well, you go down the hard road a piece then you turn at the big Oak Tree on the right go to Jaspers and take a left...you know Jaspers, its the old restaurant that is now a mortuary. Then bear hard left at the y, we are the fourth trailer on the left".

that is what I have been dealing with since I moved here 16 years ago. You don't ask where to get a Thomas Guide in Charlotte o_O

·
Registered
435 Posts
View attachment 4595
View attachment 4596

Where am I going?
This reminds me of Los Angeles:
3038259-slide-s-6-these-google-earth-images-show-how-traffic-intersectionlos-angeles.jpeg

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
As long as the front wheel has a road in front of it, what is the problem? If you can get there, you can get back......if you want.

The H3LL with what is behind you. Look out for what is out front!

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not many palm trees in Maryland. Around here you just go to where Johnsons barn used to be and take the next left. When you get back here I`ll give you the rest of the directions. By the way, I hope you like sweet tea, and no, you can`t get there from here. You have to go to Ky first. Good luck, and keep riding!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
You sure that is not North Carolina. All of those road numbers cross and some of them run together. If this is not NC, MD is just as bad. That is why when one asks for directions in NC they get "Well, you go down the hard road a piece then you turn at the big Oak Tree on the right go to Jaspers and take a left...you know Jaspers, its the old restaurant that is now a mortuary. Then bear hard left at the y, we are the fourth trailer on the left".

that is what I have been dealing with since I moved here 16 years ago. You don't ask where to get a Thomas Guide in Charlotte o_O

As a fellow North Carolinian, I had much the same thoughts when I saw the highway numbers. De je vu all over again.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts