Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know me. I like to make new products that are different and hopefully better. Well, I have been working on intakes for all the Indians made with a 3D printer. I had to use a special material that could stand the high temps and exposure to gas and oil. I have been working on this for one year now. I modified and pushed the limits of FDM or filament 3D printers. I imported filaments by the case from China. I built special heated cabinets. Anyway, I sold many intakes along the way. The part that most people don't know is I would make 10 units and get one good enough to deliver. After spending thousands of dollars I decided to do just like government and throw more money at it. So I bought an expensive Resin printer system. Of course I had to modify procedures to get the results I wanted. I finally got is down. Now my failure rate is almost zero. I have less hair and a lot less money but I won. This technology which no one else is doing by the way allows me to make almost any shape I need. Other manufacturing processes require compromises in the design to keep cost down, Others use 3D printers to make prototypes but I am able to make useable High Performance intakes that can take the heat, gas and oil and provide the best air flow possible. If you want to make your bike high performance, you should include one of these intakes. Here is the "Hurican" intake for the Scout, Scout 60 and Bobber. I will re-introduce the Ripper for the 111's and 116's soon. (You can buy them now. I just need to make some more promotional material.) LINK: https://www.indianaftermarket.com/hurican-scout-intake.html
IMG_0839 (1).jpg

This the largest air filter you can buy for the Scout.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Some of you know me. I like to make new products that are different and hopefully better. Well, I have been working on intakes for all the Indians made with a 3D printer. I had to use a special material that could stand the high temps and exposure to gas and oil. I have been working on this for one year now. I modified and pushed the limits of FDM or filament 3D printers. I imported filaments by the case from China. I built special heated cabinets. Anyway, I sold many intakes along the way. The part that most people don't know is I would make 10 units and get one good enough to deliver. After spending thousands of dollars I decided to do just like government and throw more money at it. So I bought an expensive Resin printer system. Of course I had to modify procedures to get the results I wanted. I finally got is down. Now my failure rate is almost zero. I have less hair and a lot less money but I won. This technology which no one else is doing by the way allows me to make almost any shape I need. Other manufacturing processes require compromises in the design to keep cost down, Others use 3D printers to make prototypes but I am able to make useable High Performance intakes that can take the heat, gas and oil and provide the best air flow possible. If you want to make your bike high performance, you should include one of these intakes. Here is the "Hurican" intake for the Scout, Scout 60 and Bobber. I will re-introduce the Ripper for the 111's and 116's soon. (You can buy them now. I just need to make some more promotional material.) LINK: https://www.indianaftermarket.com/hurican-scout-intake.html
View attachment 541930
Well done Marcus. That looks massive and a credit to you in the design and manufacture. I think from your explanation of the airflow, its very much, The Business. Wish i didn't have my Arlen Ness Torque Box now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Marcus,
Good on you for sticking it out! I will be seeing what you have developed for the Challenger in the Very near future!

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My local dealer (only 1 1/2 hours away) has agreed to let me tinker a little when they get some in. Challengers that is.

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Black Friday coming up..

Wink WInk nudge nudge

·
Vendor / bronze
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I price as low as I can. I barely make a profit as is. Small nitch market so everything is like custom made in America. Fortunately I am competing with Indian dealer pricing.
Plus I need to recover from all my R&D and buy some new hair.

·
Bronze member
2018 Scout Bobber and Scout 60
1,224 Posts
View attachment 541930
Stupid question. Does this still go under the tank? I’m planning on upgrading the intake on both our bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
539 Posts
Stupid question. Does this still go under the tank? I’m planning on upgrading the intake on both our bikes.

Yes it does mate, Check on the original post by Marcus and click on the link. It will show you pics. I would be all over one of these if i didnt have an Arlen ness torque box.

·
Bronze member
2018 Scout Bobber and Scout 60
1,224 Posts
Yes it does mate, Check on the original post by Marcus and click on the link. It will show you pics. I would be all over one of these if i didnt have an Arlen ness torque box.
Sweet thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
hello marcus
I have been to see your site there are beautiful objects for the scout.
I really like the mirrors, they are in what material

1 - 16 of 16 Posts