Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into adding a flashing strobe type brake light to my Roadmaster. The canbus electrical system has made it impossible for most manufacturers to have a compatible product. My dealer has Hyperlight Kits and I broke down and had them installed which typically I do myself but am concerned about the incompatibility factor. I had them installed on the flat black frame on the bottom of the tour pack. They are inconspicuous when not lit but really stand out when running and particularly when brake is applied. Great safety addition to the Roadmaster.

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
can you post a video and pics?
I too have been wondering what to add to that black plate under the tour pack
I was thinking of something along the same lines - and even addition turn signals

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have been looking into adding a flashing strobe type brake light to my Roadmaster. The canbus electrical system has made it impossible for most manufacturers to have a compatible product. My dealer has Hyperlight Kits and I broke down and had them installed which typically I do myself but am concerned about the incompatibility factor. I had them installed on the flat black frame on the bottom of the tour pack. They are inconspicuous when not lit but really stand out when running and particularly when brake is applied. Great safety addition to the Roadmaster.
Try the Volo lights

·
Founding member
1,045 Posts
I had Hyper-Lites installed on both sides of my license plate several months ago and love them. They double my turn signals and brake light with BRIGHT LED's! I really believe that the blinking brake light gets drivers attention, but I still get nervous at stops in traffic and keep my eyes on the mirrors.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Check out Admore lights I put one on my 2016 RM. it was plug and play works great.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I installed Hyper-Lites on my 2017 and 2021 RoadMaster. They work fine. I tapped into the wiring on the Trunk.

·
Registered
64 Posts
TonyQuag, I really like the installation of your Hyper Lights. Can you please give me some detailed info on the installation and wiring?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did you ever look at Custom Dynamics?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi guys, has anyone checked out custom Dynamics. They have plasma rods, and bag lights which you can hook up as stop,turn, brake, and you can also wire in a flashing brake module.
Just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Zig-Zag,
I did a special ordered from Hyper Lights, "wire exit the top". I wired them into the plug on the trunk side of the connector.
Black is "Ground"
Yellow/Red ??
White/Orange ??

I don't remember which wire color is "Brake" and which is "Always on"
But it's easy to find with a voltmeter or a 12vdc light.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Zig-Zag,
I did a special ordered from Hyper Lights, "wire exit the top". I wired them into the plug on the trunk side of the connector.
Black is "Ground"
Yellow/Red ??
White/Orange ??

Got it - Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey Zig-Zag,
Black is "Ground"
Yellow/Red ??
White/Orange ??

Hi, Got the Hyper Lights installed but have a question. With the ignition on, should the Hyper Lights be lit?

·
Registered
61 Posts
It depends, the product I ordered is brake lights only. They do have Brake and Run Lights ??

·
Registered
64 Posts
It depends, the product I ordered is brake lights only. They do have Brake and Run Lights ??
OK. I screwed up. I thought I was ordering the v32 running lights kit ($93.95). Go to their website and read the product description.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster Blue Slate Smoke/Black Smoke
20 Posts
I added Custom Dynamics run-brake lights to the trunk and brake lights/turn signals and love the extra but while cleaning out the garage I found a set of Hyper lites I bought for my Triumph Trophy years ago and never got around to installing.

Do you guys remember how the wiring went for you? I'm thinking of adding these to make it really get someone's attention.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts