Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.
Has anyone put hydraulic clutch on a scout? Any tips on choosing a system?
We have no great choice here for Indian.
Please do not advise to stay on the cable ... This is my first motorcycle and I want to try the hydraulic clutch. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kicking this back over... What are you trying to gain? I ask because the clutch lever on the Scout seems pretty easy to pull. If you are looking for an easier pull I know I have a lever that attaches down near the motor... Sorry drawing a blank on what it's called. I have one on my Victory and it's like butter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kicking this back over... What are you trying to gain? I ask because the clutch lever on the Scout seems pretty easy to pull. If you are looking for an easier pull I know I have a lever that attaches down near the motor... Sorry drawing a blank on what it's called. I have one on my Victory and it's like butter.
Just interest

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Hey.
Has anyone put hydraulic clutch on a scout? Any tips on choosing a system?
We have no great choice here for Indian.
Please do not advise to stay on the cable ... This is my first motorcycle and I want to try the hydraulic clutch. :)
And hows'bout putting a hydraulic trigger on a Glock too :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just interest
I can respect that.

I have a hydraulic clutch on my VFR. I like how smooth and easy it is but I never liked where it grabbed. The one thing about a hydraulic clutch (AFAIK) is that you can't really adjust it. At least if you can, I've never figured it out.

Anyway, I ended up coming up with a little contraption to keep the lever from pulling the full length of it's pull. Funny what you can do with a bolt, a few nuts and a little sheet metal.
People don't even notice it as it just blends in with everything else.

I'm curious to see where this goes...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts