Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, CAL here from San Antonio. A bit about me....well, I’m a former Army Paratrooper and current dad to two kiddos and a dog. I like food, sports, beer, and long walks on the beach. After resisting the urge to buy a bike in my younger years (because I knew I’d end up killing myself on it), as an older and wiser man I have decided to finally enter the world of bike ownership. I’ve recently begun researching cruisers to figure out what exactly I’m looking for in today’s world and I have narrowed the field down to a few options, the Indian Scout being a finalist (hence, how I discovered this place). I look forward to reading the expertise here and asking questions along the way. Cheers.

Side note: This post makes me sound like I’m an old man o_O.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well hello from Arkansas,this is my 2019 scout bobber and would love to give you feed back on questions you may have.
So far in my ownership time 3 months I absolutely love this bike. Like you I am new to mototcycle ownership. I had rode many of bikes in my past but finally decided to buy my own.
If you have any questions feel free to direct message me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m already finding it very difficult to decide between the Sixty and the Bobber.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m already finding it very difficult to decide between the Sixty and the Bobber.
They are both very good options of motorcycle, one thing at that definitely needs to be considered is how much you will be riding.
I thought I wouldn't really do more that about 30 min one way total hour round trip and I ride an hour plus one way and am looking to change seat and suspension to add comfort but everyone is different in their riding

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cal welcome in the amazing world of bike ownership.
Agree with Dcarter32 those both Scout are excellent bikes. For myself I have a little preference to the Bobber.
An other important question is if you'll drive the most currently in solo or with a passager? That means you can neglet or not the comfort of the passager.
Anyway the better way to decide is to try.
Good luck!;)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Hey Cal. SW Florida here. welcome to the world of riding into the wind.
I'd say your in your mid 30's. yup your first bike should be one you feel comfortable with. size wise. Until you get a few 1000 miles under your belt. wear your safety gear. i would also say within a few yrs you be riding a bigger bike. It's a natural thing that happens to us.

·
Rider
1,162 Posts
welcome from Hustle Town

Cal, just get the Bobber, man - you'll love it.

The Scout is George Strait in his prime: classy, refined and reasonable

The Scout Bobber is Johnny Cash in his prime: badass, loud, drunken SOB with no soul

I chose Johnny Cash ;)

Reactions: CAL

·
Bronze member
3,054 Posts
don't forget to visit the Mother Ships web site... you already qualify for $750 worth of accessories or clothing... and welcome

·
Bronze member
3,054 Posts
there is a coupon for Vets and 1st responders... it gives you $750 for accessories or clothing... it doesn't count sales tax tho… you pay that... they are also running a interest rate special and a trade in value special... all except for the Scout 60 (but the 750 still counts)

Reactions: CAL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
there is a coupon for Vets and 1st responders... it gives you $750 for accessories or clothing... it doesn't count sales tax tho… you pay that... they are also running a interest rate special and a trade in value special... all except for the Scout 60 (but the 750 still counts)
That’s awesome. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Rider
936 Posts
Howdy from an old Marine in the Houston area.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As a reformed ex-Harley Rider I can tell you that you won’t regret buying/riding an Indian.

Bubba

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, after much research I finally pulled the trigger. Found a leftover NEW 2018 Bobber at a dealer and snatched it up. Now I just need to get the cashiers check, finish the paperwork and go pick it up. I appreciate this forum and the help it has given me through not only my questions but those I didn’t have to ask because someone before me already did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you will be delighted with your bike. I have the same but in smoke white. Had it since September 2019 and love every minute with it.

Happy miles

Toto

1 - 19 of 19 Posts