Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian mid season rider coming around the corner but been reading a few threads here and some reviews on the Indian Scout. Sweet looking bike since I'm no fan of those big fenders you see on Chiefs.

Price is right especially and been comparing it to the Harley Sportster / Yamaha Bolt the Scout has 'vintage history', some big guns below the belt and a pretty rad look - can't figure if it's a cruiser or sports bike.

I'm 6' 220 lb and the bike looks...small. I don't think this bike is made for a balance rider look ... if you know what I mean. Don't want to look like a dweeb on this bike.

Anyone tackle this question, got pics of you on your Scout ?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Canadian mid season rider coming around the corner but been reading a few threads here and some reviews on the Indian Scout. Sweet looking bike since I'm no fan of those big fenders you see on Chiefs.

Price is right especially and been comparing it to the Harley Sportster / Yamaha Bolt the Scout has 'vintage history', some big guns below the belt and a pretty rad look - can't figure if it's a cruiser or sports bike.

I'm 6' 220 lb and the bike looks...small. I don't think this bike is made for a balance rider look ... if you know what I mean. Don't want to look like a dweeb on this bike.

If you were 400 pounds on a 125 cc you might be a dweeb... or a *******

·
Registered
361 Posts

If you check the official delivery thread, there is a picture in there of me on my machine when I picked it up Saturday. I am same height and close to same weight as you so that should give you an idea.

I will say this, to me even a bigger guy doesn't look out of place on the Scout because of the way it is laid out. I think you'd have to get to offensive lineman size before it would start to be an issue. Personal opinion of course, and worth exactly what you paid.

Btw, welcome to the forum!

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Check out the thread on the side bar of the forum, by NickJ. He tells it like it is. Welcome to the rebirth or the Indian Motorcycle.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hey Lightower, evidently I'm about the same size as you and I've been told I look fine on the Scout. HA! But to help you decide, I've attached a photo of me and 2 of my riding friends on demo day. I'm in the foreground and I'm 6'0" and my friends, in the background, are 1 and 2 inches taller than I am. I am VERY comfortable on the Scout.

Indian MC Demo ride Hernley's 012.JPG

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Us Canadian's have to add the , "eh" . That's how we talk with our French Brothers here.

I'll do some more info picture digging.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First sentenced I learned when I went to Winkler, Manitoba on my Kawasaki Vulcan ...years ago:

Ou sont les toilettes ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Us Canadian's have to add the , "eh" . That's how we talk with our French Brothers here.

I'll do some more info picture digging.
What part of Canada?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Spend the extra dollars & get a Vintage! No weight or height issues. My 2 cents, oh yea I ride a Vintage, so probably a little bias;) (6.1 - 217lbs)

Welcome to the site

·
Registered
46 Posts
Newfie myself... currently in NB! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not a fan of the wheel cowling...or the price of the Vintage for what I'm looking for. These price points your always giving up something.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome aboard, eh!

I'm living in Edmonton at the moment, good to see another canadian on here. I'm six foot even, 220, and the scout seems sized pretty good for me, although I haven't actually been able to ride it yet. Here's me on one the day before demo days in Edmonton.

I believe HD of Calgary is also Indian of Calgary, you could probably go in and see if they've got a floor model you could sit on? I'd guess they don't, but you never know.

Also... what in God's name were you doing in Winkler? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome aboard, eh!

I'm living in Edmonton at the moment, good to see another canadian on here. I'm six foot even, 220, and the scout seems sized pretty good for me, although I haven't actually been able to ride it yet. Here's me on one the day before demo days in Edmonton.

I believe HD of Calgary is also Indian of Calgary, you could probably go in and see if they've got a floor model you could sit on? I'd guess they don't, but you never know.

Also... what in God's name were you doing in Winkler? :)
Not sure if they still have one Koolmo. I got my silver smoke at HD of Calgary just before xmas, they had a red one too, but wouldn't get anymore till Jan.
always worth a try thou, eh?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts