1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
I wonder if any states would have issues with a color other than clear/white or amber?

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
I'd like to know that answer too. They are beautiful

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
I contacted the supplier and asked about the legal use of these (especially relating to red and blue).
He responded with this.

I'm not a legal expert, you will need to consult the laws in the state in question. You may be correct, most states probably do have a statute regarding the color of lights. I have sold hundreds (if not thousands) of red and blue and have not heard of anyone getting a ticket. I also know that the chief of police in a large Minnesota city has a red lens on the front of his bike.

Howard D. Hegwer
Howard Hegwer Designs

·
Registered
22 Posts
Blue or Red up front will definitely get you some unwanted attention. I saw people running red turn signal lenses in the front and getting stopped by law enforcement. Most states allow only amber up front and red in the rear. I personally like that blue one but I would not want the problems that would follow, especially at night.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered a blue one. I'm hoping that the light is not bright enough to make a difference. I have breakfast twice a week with a group of retired LEOs from my area, so I'll see what they say.
I am curious how the blue looks?
If you have a picture of the installed glass, I sure would appreciate seeing it

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Don't know your background but keep in mind that someone might think this bike belongs to an off duty cop. Some people I know have had cars, bikes damaged just for running a PO identifier. Just FYI. It looks good though.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,706 Posts
Don't know your background but keep in mind that someone might think this bike belongs to an off duty cop. Some people I know have had cars, bikes damaged just for running a PO identifier. Just FYI. It looks good though.
Not one of the LEOs that I know (and that's up to about 10, current and former) would agree with you.
Where do people think this stuff up???

1 - 20 of 54 Posts