What's new?
What is it your looking forward to?
New parts?
Next ride?
(Since my word prediction brings it up)
New Bride?
Next level in your riding career?
Stepping up to a bigger rig?
Going to a smaller kit returning to the roots?
Please!
tell me something non apocalyptic!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,809 Posts
Actually getting into the groove so-to-speak being this is my first full riding season with my 2019 Scout ABS. I downsized from a Chieftain last September. My observations so far: Performance & handling are a real hoot while the ride is nowhere near as plush and soft as the Chieftain was. Kinda like comparing a big Lincoln car to a Mustang. No long rides yet but might consider an Airhawk seat cushion for my tender butt if I do. The Corbin solo seat made a huge improvement but rough back road pavement still takes it's toll. Overall I'm pretty happy with the Scout though.

·
4,503 Posts
That's it... how Ya doing?
What's new?
What is it your looking forward to?
New parts?
Next ride?
(Since my word prediction brings it up)
New Bride?
Next level in your riding career?
Stepping up to a bigger rig?
Going to a smaller kit returning to the roots?
Please!
tell me something non apocalyptic!
Looking forward to retiring in December and my wife and I doing some traveling.
Ordering a new horn for the Sportster, maybe a new seat for the Roadmaster.
Wife and I will celebrate 46 years in July so I need to plan a trip for us to celebrate.
Planning rides to Colorado in August, Florida in September.

That's it, have a great day!

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
Doin' OK here in Oz. Was out with some people on the Springfield on Wednesday and out cycling with other people on Friday. The sun continues to shine.

·
Rider
1,568 Posts
I’m tired and worn. I’ve worked the entire time through the Covid Crap and now helping to keep my area from getting torn to shreds by antagonist and terrorists with no agenda other than looting and destruction. My better half is sacred for my safety and I make sure they have a firearm in the house for when I’m gone. Other than that trying to find the right exhaust to replace the Vance and Hines on my vintage. I’m looking at RCX and glad that there are good people here....needed to vent thanks.

·
4,503 Posts
Actually my wife just retired back in May. I'm glad I have the solo seat and luggage rack on my Scout. Nice to have her around up to a point then it's nice to get away for a little ride.
My wife gave up riding a few years ago due to physical issues so my Roadmaster has a solo seat and luggage rack. No use having a passenger seat if she can’t ride. When she gets sick of me bugging her she tells me to take a trip for 7-10 days. So I jump on the bike and off I go. That usually happens a couple times a year!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Good idea Hatt, keep our brain focused on the good in the world.... God Willing I will be buying a new Motorcycle at the end of this month. Choice #1 is sell my Victory and buy the 2020 Springfield Dark horse. Choice #2 Sell Victory and trade in My Roadmaster to buy 2020 Roadmaster elite.... If i go with choice #1 i would then wait to trade in my Roadmaster for a Challenger when and "IF" a full touring model comes out. I would like to keep having 2 bikes at a time, However the elite maybe worth only having one... Ohh and also going to the Pow Wow in North Carolina on June 18th. I only knew about the Pow Wow thanks to this Forum... The link is below Indian Motorcycle Events

·
Bronze member
1,194 Posts
I’m tired and worn. I’ve worked the entire time through the Covid Crap and now helping to keep my area from getting torn to shreds by antagonist and terrorists with no agenda other than looting and destruction. My better half is sacred for my safety and I make sure they have a firearm in the house for when I’m gone. Other than that trying to find the right exhaust to replace the Vance and Hines on my vintage. I’m looking at RCX and glad that there are good people here....needed to vent thanks.
keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
560 Posts
As I live in some of the best riding country in the US (Blue Ridge Mountains on NC/VA border) I have been spending time between the 2016 Roadmaster, and the 2012 Vintage. Wife and I went out last Sunday with an old wool Army blanket and a picnic lunch, a wonderful time. It isn't hard to find places around here to social distance by 6 miles, never mind 6 feet. Went trout fishing the other day and caught my limit. I went to Grandaughters Kindergarten graduation yesterday. Stayed in the car per the rules. Thinking about doing a weapons check in the near future. I got a new Trijion (Spelling) 30x I need to sight in on my S&W .308 M&P AR-10. I have been retired 11 years, kinda used to entertaining my self.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is nice haha...

Well our youngest just turned 4 months so most of my weekend rides are only 3-4 hours max. But I’ve took our 4 year old around the block and he loved it so he’s always asking to go on rides.

I traded up to a Cheiftain DH last month and it’s looking like my first long ride on the new scooter is gonna be from home (North Dakota) to Kansas City for a week of electronics training (I’m a Railroad Signal Maintainer).

Don’t really have any plans for parts. Well when my referral gift card comes in I’m gonna use that towards the sissy bar.

·
Rider
1,158 Posts
I have two motorcycles and barely enough time to ride one! I'm gonna make time. Week after next I'm dropping two days off my working week (Thursdays and Fridays) every weekend's gonna be a long one! How non-apocalyptic is that?

😎😁

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I feel my shoulders falling, my chest lightening, tension in my lower back subside. Breathing slowing. Heart rate stable...
Thanks for contributing. I see a lot of great stories and optimism.
It's nice to see..

·
4,503 Posts
With all the heartache, confusion and turmoil in our lives today it’s easy to get down. But if you take the time to look inward at yourself and stop getting beat down by the negativity you can find a lot you can be thankful for. There are many things, many small, some big that we can easily appreciate and be thankful for. Take it a step further and look around and you’ll see for every person doing bad there are hundreds doing good. We all just need to stop, look, listen and communicate better with others and ourselves. Please, have a great day!

Reactions: Dr.Shifty
1 - 18 of 18 Posts