Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody, I don't like the logo of my 2016 DH and I want to replace it with a white INDIAN script.
Please let me know how to remove the false fuel tank stopper/cap for re-paint the tank.. I don't see nothing about that into the factory manual!!

thx in advance

Marco

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mmmhh are you sure? I remeber the dealer say to me "absolutely don't touch, or you will damage it" .. also to me it seems a stupid thing but... if is true why he mades this stupid terrorism? Isis is not enaugh?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had great difficulty removing mine too. Took it down to the dealer and a shop guy faught with it for several minutes, got agressive with it and finally got it off.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
It's a fine treaded stud so it takes several turns to get it off.
Some have had issues getting it off and have applied pressure to the underside (cloth down on the tank) because the inner and outer turns. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
I tried to remove it for my first fuel up... weird, it doesn't come off! Ha! o_O

I also had friend laughing at that dummy cap... but the symmetry (and history) is preserved, if not function.

·
Bronze member
1,245 Posts
Twist off. but it is a long twist. When I bought mine the dealer didnt tell me this wasn't a split tank, so the first time I filled the bike with gas I always took the left cap off first and when I started taking it off it seemed a bit stiff, thinking it was just because it was new I continued.only ti find no filler port. Boy did I look the fool. Since I screwed it back on, a 5 minute exercise, I have never had an issue with it and I dont remove it now. Just the right one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts