Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Rider
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On hotter days I'll get off the bike only to notice my butt is soaked. How do you go about preventing your pants from looking like you've been sitting in a puddle after longer rides?

I just ordered a Sheepskin Buttpad from Alaska Leather, hoping that may help.
Home of the Sheepskin Buttpad

·
Bronze member
2,557 Posts
Don't use a PVC seat for one.

·
Registered
972 Posts
prince wet seat.gif

·
Rider
462 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Moisture-wicking underwear (I use Obviously), + Gold Bond or Baby Powder. Worked for me during deployments, as well as on the motorcycle. Another thing you can do is line the bottom of your seat with heat-insulating material (there are a few threads around here on the subject). Or, you can do what I did and drop some $$$ on the Corbin Fire and Ice seat.

·
Founding member
875 Posts
I have sheepskin and it works great. Monkey butt powder worked fairly well too, but not as effective as the sheepskin. That's my experience anyway.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was going to say Alaska Leathers, butt, you already found them. I'm sure the powders work, butt, I haven't needed them.

BD

·
Rider
974 Posts
Sheepskin...and corn starch....yes, the kind you use to make gravy....but use it on our private parts before riding during extremem summer heat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
+1 for Monkey Butt; butt, if the ride is long enough and the temp hot enough then maybe a change of clothes is in order. Ive never been asked to leave anywhere from having a soggy bottom and the looks you might get are amusing. Just go with it...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts