Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed hand grips onto my chief Dark Horse. Before doing so, I did tons of research online to find out the best way to do it. After all the time I spent trying to find tricks and tips this was the best way I could come up with. By the sounds of it the leather cord you get with the wraps is hard to use once you soak the wraps and they have a tendency to come lose over time. It was even recommended at the store to put a dab of Super Glue on the grip. So this is what I came up with. I went to a hobby store and got some waxed thread and some stitching needles. Looked on YouTube on how to cross stich leather. I than practiced on the wraps before soaking them. After I was comfortable I did the install and this is how they turned out. I have had them on the bike for about 2 months and they haven't moved at all and I ride just about every day. I love them so far. 1562357911175-1883921711.jpg 15623579666381430577844.jpg

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
You did fine. I went to Michael's and bought a few more leather needles and some slightly thicker AND longer laces.
Mine have never come loose. The biggest trick is to keep them wet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts