Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the info my dealer emailed me a few weeks ago

I got information from Polaris and at this time there is no re-flash
for the BTO. They did say they are working on a re-flash, but its not
available at this time. They did note this:

Here is how the Brake-Throttle override functions:
Throttle will be limited to 5% if the brake and throttle are activated at
the same time after a 0.5s delay
If the bike stays in this condition for an additional 1.5s the MIL will
illuminate. (Full 2.0s before a light comes on)
This system is only active when the bike is above 20 km/h and engine RPM is
greater than 1000.
Driver still has throttle authority from 0-5%
At any time: If the driver varies the throttle by 1.5% for 10msec, the BTO
is dis-abled for that event, giving full control back to the rider.

Hope this helps a little. If you need anything else please let me know. Have
a great day!

Yolanda Retiz
PGA Sales
Fort Worth Indian Motorcycles
Dealer# 2052400
817-916-5500 ext.500

·
Early joiner
237 Posts
...went to local dealer here in Houston (Mancuso) and was told that a service bulletin had not been issued for the BTO, but they were given instructions to reflash which I'm assuming they did while they had my bike in the service department for 45 minutes. I can tell a difference with slow tight turns like U-turns in which I drag the rear brake a bit.

·
Registered
571 Posts
What is the purpose of the BTO? I've never heard of one before.

Burt

·
Registered
478 Posts
...went to local dealer here in Houston (Mancuso) and was told that a service bulletin had not been issued for the BTO, but they were given instructions to reflash which I'm assuming they did while they had my bike in the service department for 45 minutes. I can tell a difference with slow tight turns like U-turns in which I drag the rear brake a bit.
Try the turns @ 15mph or above. I never had a problem with BTO kicking in when all my slow maneuvers were done @ less than 10mph (think: Ride Like A Pro). Then one day I made a 90 degree turn onto a state road off the Interstate, applied clutch, throttle and rear brake and the BTO kicked in. I didn't see anything to panic about, actually made it kick in a couple of more times just to make sure it was really happening. I've heard people talking about the BTO making them drop their bikes. I suspect they instinctively hit that front brake and that put them down. I've really not found very many situations when I would use clutch, throttle and rear brake @ 20 mph or so. Give it a try, that way you won't be caught off guard if it does happen...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
What is the purpose of the BTO? I've never heard of one before.

Burt
My understanding is Brake Throddle Overide is used to prevent the event of a stuck throddle. Brake takes priority. First came out for cars. Yes I have know of an inicident with old car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts