Votes: 27 24.8%
  • Varies wildly

Votes: 13 11.9%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When, I first got her, I didn't bathe her for months, now, I find myself giving the girl a little rub-down the day after a most rides. What is normal?

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Every time I get home, I let the paint cool and I spray a 50/50 mix of hydrogen peroxide and water on the front of the bikes to get the bugs off. I use Chemical Guys products to keep up on the protection. Hybrid V07 once a month maybe and Speed Wipe every time. Once a year, I take a few days and clay the paint, polish, wax and use a paint sealant.

If you keep up on it, it takes just a few minutes to keep it looking great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have never washed my bike in a over a year, I use California Duster, and F11 and it always "sparkles" I realize if some people ride in the rain you would have to wash it, i just never have. I have got caught in a slight sprinkle but the duster usually takes care of that. Be Safe, Watch out for the idiots.

·
Bronze member
3,059 Posts
An educated guess: "Normal" would be when it gets dirty,especially if the machine is black in color which shows the dust right up when the sun or any bright light hits it.

·
Silver member
5,027 Posts
I wash mine about every 5-6 weeks. Black bikes get dirty. However, sometimes if it is just slightly misty I will rinse it gently and chamois it. The 5-6 week wash is with carwash soap and includes the pain in the ass wheel cleaning to remove the brake dust...

Reactions: Kost

·
Registered
273 Posts
I wipe my bikes down with a quick detailer called Showtime and a microfiber rag every time I ride unless it looks like rain. It only takes a few minutes and I like a clean windscreen and mirrors. I only wash my bikes with water a few times a year. If I’m taking a multi day trip I carry a can of Showtime and a couple rags to clean it up every morning before heading out. It’s a good pre ride ritual to wipe it down, check the tires, lights and fluids before heading out. I don’t mind riding a dirty bike but prefer to start off clean.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The new rave is this ceramic coat its like a once a year thing and all you do is hose it off when it gets dirty supposedly puts F11 in the dust with how long it stays on the paint wash after wash.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
477 Posts
On the floorboard by the brake pedal! Doesn't everybody?
I live on gravel; it's always dirty. P.

·
Rider
360 Posts
I use soap and water on my 14 Vintage about every two weeks. Mostly I just wipe it down between rides with a micro towel, My bike, at 100 K, has a few blemishes but looks pretty darn good, just the same. And just like when I bought it 5 years ago, I still get at least one compliment on it every time I ride!

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
2016 Chief DH Stage II
760 Posts
if i had more time, i'd wash mine more but i'd rather be in the saddle.

Reactions: THOR504
1 - 20 of 40 Posts