Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys gauge when your bike becomes too dirty? Or do you have a timetable schedule on when to wash your bike?

·
Rider
1,195 Posts
How do you guys gauge when your bike becomes too dirty? Or do you have a timetable schedule on when to wash your bike?
Typically less than some, but usually when the bugs have joined me for the ride. I use S100, for the overall cleaning, and it's quick and easy.

·
Rider
1,161 Posts
In the damp environmental conditions in the UK taking into account I am very near the sea and much of my rides are along coastal roads, plus the fact they dump salt on the roads, in the Winter I wash it down and wipe it off every ride. ACF 50 is my friend.

Soaking wet after last week's post ride out wash down and it'll get another drenching after this week's ride out Wednesday. To make the endeavour worthwhile when I do go for a ride out in the Winter the day and company are chosen carefully and I try to do at least 120 miles plus.

Reactions: R. Warshawsky

·
Registered
168 Posts
I wash the bike twice a year, whether it needs it or not!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Sullaha

·
Rider
943 Posts
My bike is white and I live in the desert so it's always dirty. BUT after it is touched then it shows up as a streak and it needs to be washed. So I put caution tape around it when it parked.

·
Rider
1,195 Posts
When ever it gets dirty after riding in the rain or lots of bugs. If roads were dry I usually wipe it down after every ride with a good quick detailer.

It’s easy to keep a bike clean if you never let it get very dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What detailer do you use?

·
Silver member
5,276 Posts
I don't even detail my bike when I clean it. Just spray it wet. Dish washing brush and a mild 409 soap. Hose it down with water and wipe off the shiny parts with a clean towel.

Done

·
Bronze member
2,038 Posts
What you just said killed me a little inside.

I ended up washing mine today. The road salt was starting to accumulate in the little hard to reach places.

IMG_5544.jpg

I use chemical guys honeydew in a foam cannon when I wash it.

For just quick detailing I use this stuff. It’s kinda like f11 but cheaper
IMG_5550.jpg

Just wiped my truck down with it.
IMG_5551.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
When ever it gets dirty after riding in the rain or lots of bugs. If roads were dry I usually wipe it down after every ride with a good quick detailer.

It’s easy to keep a bike clean if you never let it get very dirty.

Totally agree.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,814 Posts
I kept that 2015 Chieftain pretty clean most of the time but I haven't been all that fussy with this Scout. It really needs washed but it will have to wait for warmer weather. I've cleaned the windshield a couple times but that's about it so far.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wash and detail in the spring and a good wash in the fall and use F11 in between if its warm enough in the winter I ride it rather than clean it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts