Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If it goes like Polaris would like, a long time. Dealers are already getting floor models and demo models.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with soon. The bikes are hot and demand is high, but it just doesn't take that long to fill 10-20 showroom floors. Now a couple years from now if they come out with a really hot new Indian or Victory with hundreds of showrooms to fill that could be a lot longer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think it will be into December at the earliest. I visited Indian of Scottsdale last Saturday.....very nice store. Met owner and GM, who just came out from Lincoln, NE.......very impressed with both. They had about a half dozen on the floor, but all were the personal bikes of the owners, so not available for sale; but at least they were out there so customers can check them out up close. At the Demo rides on Friday at another local dealer, they were saying that any orders placed by Saturday the 26th would have guaranteed SHIPMENT by Nov. 30th.

BTW, the Scottsdale store said they will be putting some in their Rental fleet, so that would be a good opportunity to really give one a good tryout before buying. No idea when that will happen though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think it will be longer, I ordered a new Chieftain in Montreal on October 5th, and am expecting delivery in January, I was # 20 on the list, and I think they have delivered 8 bikes so far, so I think Indian may still be busy filling orders, I would be suprised if there is much inventory at dealers before Feb-March. be interesting to see what thier total sales for 2013 will be and how it matches up with Indians expectations....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
19589 said:
i think it will be longer, I ordered a new Chieftain in Montreal on October 5th, and am expecting delivery in January, I was # 20 on the list, and I think they have delivered 8 bikes so far, so I think Indian may still be busy filling orders, I would be suprised if there is much inventory at dealers before Feb-March. be interesting to see what thier total sales for 2013 will be and how it matches up with Indians expectations....
Don't hold your breath. Polaris does not release sales numbers. I'm sure the closest you'll get to an answer is that everything is going well and exceeding expectations.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sioux Falls has about a dozen Chiefs on the floor, including #76, for sale AND discounted! It was a huge multi plex dealer that has been bought and being converted to just Indian, Victory, and Polaris. Seems like a great staff and ownership, I suspect they will do well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The numbered bikes have been spoken for for a month or 2 now. (unless you get really lucky and find one already at a dealer and not sold) As far as stock goes, Im not sure about the other areas, but our dealer said its going to be about springtime before there are bikes on the floor to sell. Right now they can only get a bike when you order it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've heard that the one dealer in Wisconsin pre-sold around 43 bikes.

I know one guy that bought and has his Chief. Not sure about the other deliveries. That being said it'll take a little while for the initial surge to get filled then you'll start seeing some trickle into normal dealer stock.
Considering the low amoount of dealerships but an assumably large volume of sales that it'll be after the holidays to see some showroom stock.
In any case I'm eagerly awaiting some of the southern riders to get some miles on these beauties and report back with a longer term report. I have around 45 minutes of saddle time in the 3 models and I liked them, a LOT. Not enough to plunk down the money but not because I don't have faith in the product but I'm got some expensive home remodeling going on right now(windows/siding and if the city approves an extra 15' of garage space). Just don't have the cash for it right now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
898 said:
In any case I'm eagerly awaiting some of the southern riders to get some miles on these beauties and report back with a longer term report. I have around 45 minutes of saddle time in the 3 models and I liked them, a LOT. Not enough to plunk down the money but not because I don't have faith in the product but I'm got some expensive home remodeling going on right now(windows/siding and if the city approves an extra 15' of garage space). Just don't have the cash for it right now.

redpin,
You'll need that extra 15'of garage space for your new Indian! :)
...MDHawk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just curious? For those who have purchased an Indian, and financed it, how does it work with a bike you order now but wont arrive in 2-3 months?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
11222 said:
Just curious? For those who have purchased an Indian, and financed it, how does it work with a bike you order now but wont arrive in 2-3 months?
I only paid a deposit when I ordered my bike. My financing didn't take place until I picked up the bike, and gave the dealership the check from my bank.
However - I am now currently financing accessories that are still in limbo...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts