Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I've had my 2015 Vintage for over a year now.

I've put over 9000 miles on it.

All recalls have been corrected by a professional Indian Technician.

It has Full Stage One ::

S&S Classic Air Cleaner Cover
S&S Classic High Flow Air Cleaner
Dobeck Performance EJK Fuel Controller - GEN 3
Rinehart 4" Slip-On Mufflers
Rinehart 2.5" Hi-Flo Performance Baffles For Indian Touring / Cruiser

Add-ons ::
Indian Motorcycle Beach Bar Handlebars
Highway Pegs
New Back Tire

What is a fair asking price?

KBB says shows 18.5K for a private party purchase. I can't seem to generate any traffic

I'd love to hear your thoughts....

·
Registered
974 Posts
Remember, your add-ons add very little value unless the person buying really wants those add-ons specifically.

Dealerships around here in California have 2016 Vintages brand new marked down to $17999 and that is before negotiation.

The 15s, even with low mileage, are marked down even lower.

I don't think your price is bad, but I and others on this forum know the value of the add-ons. Many other people will not.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Any time I sell a bike, I remove all the extra's I can and sell them separately. You will never recoup even a small percentage of what you have into it.

Good luck.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,896 Posts
Somewhere between 13.5k - 17k .... Based on what I've seen out there being sold Just saw a '15 Vintage earlier today for 13.5k out of OK, with a few add ons

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yeah-This time of year especially, it's going to be the low end. 14,000-15,000 is realistic, I would think. I bought mine new, as a dealer demo with 3000 miles on it last November, for 15,999, and it came with $2000 accessories credit......

Springtime, of course, you can get a lot more. But once the leaves start changing, it's a whole different ballgame. And we're about to get into the late fall, where the dealers are going to be selling their 2016 holdovers and demo's deeply discounted. I think I saw a new Chieftain for around 17 at a dealer in Atlanta, if I'm not mistaken. Probably going to be as deep, or deeper this year, with the 16's not having all the new stuff the 17's have on the bigger baggers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts