Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2017 RM in April of 2017. That year I rode it to Dallas, longest trip so far.

As of today, I have 32,000 km (20,000 mi) on it in 30 months.

You?

PS: I met a guy on a recent ride with a 2014 Chieftain with 200,000 km (124,500 mi) on it. It has a 116 kit and is still going strong.

Reactions: joescian

·
Bronze member
4,707 Posts
I got my 2018 Springfield DH on New Year's eve 2017. By Christmas 2018 I had 30,000 kms on it.

Jan/Feb 2019 was so hot here I didn't ride much and it now has 43,000 kms at 20 months old. I'm adding kms at half the rate of the first year.

·
Rider
432 Posts
Being retired and living in southern Arizona I get to ride more than most folks. The weather here makes riding possible about 350 days a year and the thousands of miles of two lane twisties and sweepers makes you want to. Over the last 5 years and three bikes I have averaged about 15,000 miles a year. In addition to launching from my driveway my bride and I do about 5 - 9,000 miles a year towing the bike in our 10' cargo trailer {behind our 24' Class C motorhome} to ride lots of awesome roads, National Parks and campgrounds.

I rode my 2017 Springfield 10K miles the first 6 months but that dropped off to 7K the next 6 due to family commitments {elderly parent}. Now that dad has passed we are no longer on the proverbial "short leash" and look forward to more extended, probably cross country trips. Hope to cross a few more classic rides off of my bucket list in the near future but even an hour or three {like this morning} just rolling down the local asphalt is always a treat.

Happily, my bride {of 49+ years} loves to ride {almost} as much as I do. Here she is a couple of years ago at the Laughlin River Run:
IMG_1084.JPG

Life is good.

:)

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I ride just about everyday. The only time I don’t is if I’m on the road working or really bad weather. I’ll usually skip the ride if it’s raining and I just need to go to the store. No need doing a 5 minute ride for 10 minutes of cleanup.

I’ve had my bike for 10 months now and have put almost 15000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
well say in last 20 years i have had some yrs with 15k to 33k per yr. the last yr i only did 7k. when i lived up north i average 10k a yr. one of my bikes i had for 3 yrs traded it w/96k on it. One of my best yrs of riding for sure. i did everything on that bike. grocery shopping, traveled back an forth new england to florida about 3 times few times up to tenn.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
I average between 15 to 20g a year between both my bikes. But here in Chicago season is about 7 months long. Lol well for me anyways once daily high is below 50 I’m done no fun at that point. Best season was 33g. I never have ridden my bike to work all these yrs pretty much weekend and my road trips. But when I retire and move to Arizona next year I’m sure I’ll get a bit more riding in.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,302 Posts
Let's just say I was originally on track to have 30,000 miles in five years of riding but due to my eye surgeries back in 2017 & 18 I'm looking at 28,000 by the end of this riding season. My fifth on the 2015 Chieftain. Not too bad of a setback I'd say.

·
Rider
432 Posts
"But when I retire and move to Arizona next year I’m sure I’ll get a bit more riding in."

Oh yeah... like you will not believe. I cannot imagine a better place for riding than southern Arizona, endless choices and drop dead gorgeous.

:)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We get half a year here in Canada. When I had a 9-5, I used to manage about 8 K Km (5 K mi) a year. I still work but on my own terms so when the sun shines, I often skip the work for a bike ride. I am managing about 11 K Km (7 K mi) per year now. Though, my first year with the RM I did 16 K Km because of my ride to Dallas.

I lost my favourite riding partner (wife) to back surgery about 10 years ago. But, the suspension on the new Indian was so good that she said she wanted to try again so now I get her out for a few hours on occasion.

Still lovin' it all lots.

Reactions: steve w

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got my 2017 RM in April of 2017. That year I rode it to Dallas, longest trip so far.

As of today, I have 32,000 km (20,000 mi) on it in 30 months.

You?

PS: I met a guy on a recent ride with a 2014 Chieftain with 200,000 km (124,500 mi) on it. It has a 116 kit and is still going strong.
3 months on my new roadmaster…….5,000+ miles, 08 Harley Ultra 155,000miles, 15 Goldwing 108,000 miles, 01 Honda Valkyrie 208,000 miles......several other bikes, well over a million miles so far...……..

·
Rider
1,097 Posts
The four bikes I have listed in my profile have a combined 155K miles and it's pretty close to 50/50 between the two marques. Beemers definitely not getting ridden all that much since I got into Indians.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,330 Posts
2015 Roadmaster with 61,000 on the clock. I mostly use it for trips and weekends. During the week I ride the Sportster to work and average 5-7k a year on it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
We're in the rainy season here in central Florida. Rains every day, around 3 pm (usually always above 50% chance), for hours at a time. That's when I get out of work. Haven't ridden in 2 months. Then, when there is a brake in the weather, then opportunity to catch up with yard work takes priority, along with other parts of life that get in the way. Just one of those things we gotta deal with here!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
3 months on my new roadmaster…….5,000+ miles, 08 Harley Ultra 155,000miles, 15 Goldwing 108,000 miles, 01 Honda Valkyrie 208,000 miles......several other bikes, well over a million miles so far...……..
Jeeze man. Good for you. I have been doing it for 45 years and I regret that I never kept track of it all. Lots of miles on my butt, though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts