Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my service the other day on my non Indian cruiser and noticed a pea size stone in my belt. Didn't do any damage to the pulley but made a nice hole in the belt. Since that time, and I guess even before I now try to avoid gravel roads as much as possible. Trouble is some of the nicest places in Oz are down a gravel road. This is the first stone in 30000Km I had with this bike, but then again most of those k's were on bitumen.

About to pull the trigger on a new RM and was wondering how many stones did you guys have in your belt, if any. Obviously, this will depend on how many miles you've done and how much of that was on gravel roads. Is the RM / Indian belt cover so good that nobody ever had a stone ?

Cheers
Joe

·
Gold member
6,421 Posts
Did my service the other day on my non Indian cruiser and noticed a pea size stone in my belt. Didn't do any damage to the pulley but made a nice hole in the belt. Since that time, and I guess even before I now try to avoid gravel roads as much as possible. Trouble is some of the nicest places in Oz are down a gravel road. This is the first stone in 30000Km I had with this bike, but then again most of those k's were on bitumen.

About to pull the trigger on a new RM and was wondering how many stones did you guys have in your belt, if any. Obviously, this will depend on how many miles you've done and how much of that was on gravel roads. Is the RM / Indian belt cover so good that nobody ever had a stone ?

Cheers
Joe
1854? A Valkyrie?

·
Gold member
6,421 Posts
When and if we all do our walk arounds have a quick peek and remove if any. A tiny bit of lubricant spray will get rid of pullie squeaks. Don't saturate! They'll be hard to see with our fenders so use a small mirror and keep it in your tool boxes. Don't forget to floss.....

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
398 Posts

Cheers
Joe
Hey 1854cc,none yet ,but I avoid dirt roads and freshly chipped roads at the maximum, If I have to then that is so.But yes ,you can ride on nasty roads and get 'stones" in your belt. and my Bro that is not good.:( RED IRON

·
Registered
398 Posts
Roadliner
Hey 1854cc,welcome to the "Tribe" my " South Aussie" Bro, I was in Aus in OCT and NOV 15. Sydney,Alice ,and Coober Peedy,and Ayers/Uluru. Loved it and want to immigrate if they will let me bring my right of self defense that I understand that your government took away from your citizens. I mean no disrespect. RED IRON

·
Registered
845 Posts

Cheers
Joe
Stones in my belt? Are you calling me fat?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts