Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question; if you had an easily installed "bobbed" rear fender, fender mount and wide tire spacer kit, readily available and affordable, DIY, would you want to transform your Indian Scout or Bobber in to a fat rear tire and solo seat?? Yes or No?

(note: This bike has no rear fender)
Thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
No

Reactions: Gaebril22

·
Registered
8 Posts
Question; if you had an easily installed "bobbed" rear fender, fender mount and wide tire spacer kit, readily available and affordable, DIY, would you want to transform your Indian Scout or Bobber in to a fat rear tire and solo seat?? Yes or No?

Thanks View attachment 593022
Hello. Great job with Yur bike. I`m from Poland and I`m also the bobber owner. Got question about the 240 tire. Can You write me if You did it with RC kit or by Your own. I want to swap my rear tire but here we have a little less possibilities. What are the measures of those distance pads. The RIm You Use is 18 8.5? Will be gratefull for Your answer:)

·
Registered
Scout Bobber 2019
189 Posts
Hello. Great job with Yur bike. I`m from Poland and I`m also the bobber owner. Got question about the 240 tire. Can You write me if You did it with RC kit or by Your own. I want to swap my rear tire but here we have a little less possibilities. What are the measures of those distance pads. The RIm You Use is 18 8.5? Will be gratefull for Your answer:)
Just buy a 180 tyre no other Costs!!! Or alterations

·
Registered
23 Posts
Me gustaria realmente poder hacerlo.
Mi preferencia principal sería esa rueda trasera de 240 pero me gustaria poder mantener el estilo del guardabarros.
Esto obliga a cambiar el sub-chasis donde se aloja el guardabarros?
donde podria ver el kit de recambios necesarios?
Muchas gracias, fenomenal tema de conversacion, sigo atento.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Me gustaria realmente poder hacerlo.
Mi preferencia principal sería esa rueda trasera de 240 pero me gustaria poder mantener el estilo del guardabarros.
Esto obliga a cambiar el sub-chasis donde se aloja el guardabarros?
donde podria ver el kit de recambios necesarios?
Muchas gracias, fenomenal tema de conversacion, sigo atento.
(Translation of above Quote)
I'd really like to be able to do it. My main preference would be that 240 rear wheel but I wish I could keep the fender style. Does this force you to change the sub-chassis where the fender is housed? where could you see the necessary spare parts kit? Thank you very much, phenomenal...

You dont need to chance the sub chassis . I purchased a modified rear fender from Twisted Choppers and a fender Clamp from Tank Machine. This link will give you more details on pages 2-3-4 (1) Custom Indian Scout Bobber | Indian Motorcycle Forum (indianmotorcycles.net)

Translation back to Spanish
Usted no necesita arriesgar el sub chasis . Compré un guardabarros trasero modificado de Twisted Choppers y una abrazadera de guardabarros de Tank Machine. Este enlace le dará más detalles en las páginas 2-3-4

I Used a translator so the above might be incorrect

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks View attachment 593022 where can I buy the parts to put a 200mm rear tire on my Indian 2019

·
Registered
710 Posts
Thanks View attachment 593022 where can I buy the parts to put a 200mm rear tire on my Indian 2019
Yes this bike has no rear fender , The fender is the biggest challenge with the fewest options . There are many places to buy parts but with very little info on what you want we will use dblahnick's bike and parts from his bike

His bike looks to have
1- 240mm Avon Cobra tire ( Avon also makes 200 mm as do others)
2- New wheels wide enough to except the wider tire ((many company's sell wheels)
3- Two close offs
one under the seat that Indian sells with there Solo seat
second close off to hide wires (sold by Tank machine) . Mother roads custom also sells a close-off along with seats
4- New seat (Corbin solo seat is pictured )
5- New rear lights (Rizoma club-S pictured )
6- license plate holder (I don't know what's pictured It may be this one Amazon.com: JBSporty ♤ Indian Scout ♤ Half Moon Licence Plate Bracket ♧ 1/2" Shock Mount ♧: Automotive Accutronix also makes a side mount plate holder)
7- Fender If you want one ( I think Tank machine sells one that will fit a 200 mm tire, they also have a kit that includes the close off

·
Registered
152 Posts
Conquest Customs down here in Boca Raton Florida makes an American Muscle Series Scout that has a big rear tire.

·
Registered
2018 Scout Bobber
11 Posts
I really want to go with a 200mm. I was going to order the rim and tire setup from Germany but since they are on lockdown I haven’t heard back from the company yet. As soon as I do I’ll be happy to let everyone know. The cost was around 1000 euro so I figure ( depending on exchange rate ) it should cost around $1500.00 to get the kit to my house.

·
Rider
1,406 Posts
Moore Speed Racing also do the 240 swap out. They do a 300 as well but that's in another league regarding cost.

·
Rider
563 Posts
I'd never go no fender. First time you get caught in the rain or even after the rain... you're going to have a brown strip from your waist to helmet from all the dirty water coming up off the road.

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
I'd never go no fender. First time you get caught in the rain or even after the rain... you're going to have a brown strip from your waist to helmet from all the dirty water coming up off the road.
No rear fender on my cafe racer and no brown stripe up my riding jacket from all the years riding in the rain through the city. My riding jacket is a waxed canvas by Ascot. If your jacket repels water, it will repel the dirty water too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts