Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a pair of Ducatis, 2012 Multistrada and a 2012 Panigale. The Multi is my long hauler SUV. I just finished a 3200 mile trip from home (Maryland) to Iowa and back. The Pani was my "hooligan" bike I expected to take to the track, but that never worked out. It was loads of fun while it lasted but now is for sale or will be traded in. I see the Scout as my weekend cruiser.

I've always said, "Two bikes makes and enthusiast, three makes a collector." I may join the collector category as I put down a deposit on a BMW s1000r this past weekend. If I go through with that one, I will consider it my new "hooligan" bike.

Still curious what others here own and how will a new Scout fit into the stable.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I am trying something new this time. I own 1. My Chieftain.
Getting too cussed old to remember all the personalities of the different bikes.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Right now, just the one - 2005 V-Star 1100 Silverado. It's been a very dependable ride for the 5 years that I've owned it. We've traveled all over the desert SW, across the plains to the Yoopee and around the rust-belt. The Scout will make 2 in the garage. That will be my fun-time bike, hittin the twisties in the mountains for a day-ride, runnin around town, that kind of thing. Then, Possibly as early as December next year, the Star will be relegated to the "spare-bike" zone when the Chief pulls into the garage. I guess that will make me a collector ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a BMW K100 in addition to the Scout, but am selling the BMW and considering eventually having 3 total.

Scout = Weekend cruiser 1 to 100 mile day bike
Crotch Rocket = Cheap bike to occasionally take to the track, probably not even registered for road use.
Adventure bike = 100+ mile trips, fire road romps that sort of thing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was up to seven at one point, but I have been trying to downsize my addiction... Currently a hot rodded Vic Hardball. a 2014 Vision, a new Chief Vintage, and I ordered a Scout this morning. Going in the wrong direction again....

·
Registered
18 Posts
At the moment just my K1200GT and the Scout on order. Most at one time for me was 5 including a moto for the minions to ride around the desert on. My secret plan is to get my wife to fall in love with the scout, sell the GT and get a Chieftan, but don't tell her :)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
BMW R1200CLC ... totes the pillion to distant B&Bs

KLR650 ... takes me camping distant places

Just sold the commuter, a BMW K75C, which the Scout will replace

I most always have three. Any more you can't keep them all rode

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
Two, a 2010 Vision Tour and a 2014 Vintage. IMG_0685.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: CavemanHHH

·
Registered
958 Posts
I own 22 at this moment, some are for sale.
I left a few out evidently when I put my signature on. 75 rd 250 1st wifes bike, 73 rd 350 and two tx 750's they're all yamahas, yes I have owned other makes in my life, but I sold them off, the only one I really wish I still had was my bultaco 200 pursang.

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
1992 Honda Nighthawk and a 2009 Buell Lightning I will be trading for the Scout.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Number 1. I can only drive one at a time and its a Black Vintage. Oh yah I almost forgot my other bike has peddles.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Number 1. I can only drive one at a time and its a Black Vintage. Oh yah I almost forgot my other bike has peddles.
Bikes are like horses -- race horse, pack horse, saddle horse, cutting horse, plow horse, trotter. Sport, dual sport, trials, cruiser, bagger. Not riding two at once; just riding the one that fits the task at hand. I've owned from Bultaco to Goldwing. Try doing the one with the other.

Sure, some bikes are more versatile. The KLR is a prime example. Lash yer duffle on the rack, fly down the freeway, cut up a gravel road, and camp primitive; next day commute to work. But versatility means compromise. Not gonna tote the pillion to KY with all her baggage for the weekend on that machine. For that you need a tourer like the big beemer: tall sixth gear, trunk, rack, digital cruise, solid weight, and an intercom so you can pretend you are listening. Big beemer's a slab gobbler, chews up asphalt and spits out miles. We arrive eight ten hours later, her jaw's still jacking happily. OTOH, during the week, the KLR lacks the power and brakes you want from a safe commuter. The K75 brick was perfect for that, powerful, nimble, with just enough hard luggage for rain suit, lunch, and yer sports duffle for when you stop by the gym for handball after work. Scout ought to fit that role.

Me, I don't understand how people can get by with just one bike. Try owning several with a variety of purposes. Speed bike, trail bike, bagger, cruiser. Get one for each task. See if you don't agree.

·
Registered
17 Posts
1950 Ariel square four
1966 Kawasaki w1
1968 Honda cb450k1
1968 Honda cl450k0
1969 Kawasaki w2TT
(2) 1970 Yamaha xs1s
1971 Yamaha xs1b
(2) 1972 Yamaha xs2s
1973 Yamaha tx650
1973 Honda cb750
1973 Honda cl350 cafe
lets see....am I forgetting anything?

Oh, not to mention a basement full (and I mean FULL) of spare parts...

.....and soon a thunder black 2015 scout

·
Registered
30 Posts
I own 22 at this moment, some are for sale.
I left a few out evidently when I put my signature on. 75 rd 250 1st wifes bike, 73 rd 350 and two tx 750's they're all yamahas, yes I have owned other makes in my life, but I sold them off, the only one I really wish I still had was my bultaco 200 pursang.

Just curious, do you plate and insure all of them?

That's what has me at 3 maximum.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I had 3, but sold the Honda VFR to make room for the new Scout. The other 2 are Harley's...2006 Dyna Custom and a 2007 Street Glide Patriot Edition.

·
Registered
103 Posts
2000 V-Star 1100. Building that one into my hot rod.
2005 Midnite Silverado Roadstar 1700. Great bike can't bring myself to sell her.

2015 Green and White Vintage has been on order for 3 weeks now. I should have it by this time next week.
I loved the test ride on all the Indians. I can't wait until I get my new bike.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts