Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I switched over to Indian it usually took me 2-3 hours to wash and shine my Harley Tri Glide. I just washed and dried my Chieftain DH in less than 45 minutes. Talk about a difference. I used to dread washing and shining my Harley, but the matte black finish is a piece of cake to wash (no shining either). How long does it take you to wash and shine your Indian?

Bubba

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Too long. An hour maybe? And I’m lazy. Besides, I live a desert and regular washing’s include cleaning the belt and white walls. Seriously, does anyone else have to clean the belt.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Before I switched over to Indian it usually took me 2-3 hours to wash and shine my Harley Tri Glide. I just washed and dried my Chieftain DH in less than 45 minutes. Talk about a difference. I used to dread washing and shining my Harley, but the matte black finish is a piece of cake to wash (no shining either). How long does it take you to wash and shine your Indian?

Bubba
Less than 10 min to wash my dark horse

·
Rider
932 Posts
Most of the time I use the Original Bike Spirits spray cleaner and polish, and takes a good 30-45 minutes. I rarely do the White walls, I'm waiting for them to turn black so I won't have white walls any more, nearly there.

Only wash it once at the end of winter, beginning of spring to rinse off salts and such.

·
Senior member / gold
6,205 Posts
Usually about an hour on my Dark Horse. Very easy.

·
Senior member / gold
6,205 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
To wash, dry and then shine everything.....about 5 hrs. If in a hurry. If no hurry 8 to 10 hrs.....I am kinda ocd....lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
Three beers

Bubba
ee

·
Bronze member
1,022 Posts
I have a '15 RM and the time depends on if I'm being anal retentive or wanting to ride. Anal retentive at the basic carwash is somewhere around 30 minutes. Not worrying about bike show shiny and just riding...… 10 minutes and drying it by getting back on the road letting the water fly leaving water spots.

Advice.……. never and I repeat never.... give your scoot an anal retentive cleanup before taking off on a road trip...….. you practically guaranteeing that you'll get caught in a downpour (which brings up the topic of interesting people you meet under a overpass).

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
I have a '15 RM and the time depends on if I'm being anal retentive or wanting to ride. Anal retentive at the basic carwash is somewhere around 30 minutes. Not worrying about bike show shiny and just riding...… 10 minutes and drying it by getting back on the road letting the water fly leaving water spots.

Advice.……. never and I repeat never.... give your scoot an anal retentive cleanup before taking off on a road trip...….. you practically guaranteeing that you'll get caught in a downpour (which brings up the topic of interesting people you meet under a overpass).
I’m not riding with you lol I don’t have that problem

·
Read Only
244 Posts

Bubba
If I have the saddle bags off, about 15 minutes to get the bugs off and then whiff it lightly with a spray wax and dry. Once a week I’ll use ProtectAll on the front fender and the windshield. I don’t do the rear wheel much unless I have S-100 and a hose. About 1 hr to do a complete job, but that is only every 10,000 miles! Washing gets harder as we get older, but it is still rewarding to stand back and admire the TLC !! Right Bubba! Larry Swenson

1 - 20 of 96 Posts