Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long do you think it will take for FTR bikes to be available for people who didn’t order? Bikes to be on dealer floors for a walk in customer.

·
Silver member
3,976 Posts
Depends on the number of deposits every particular dealer got, right? Pretty sure some dealers are sold out for the next few months, and others will have them readily available...

Call around within a few weeks?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on the number of deposits every particular dealer got, right? Pretty sure some dealers are sold out for the next few months, and others will have them readily available...

Call around within a few weeks?
I imagine my dealer (Indian of Charlotte) has them all spoke for. They are a very big and well known dealer. I was hot after another Scout but for the slight bump up in $ it may be the bike for me! I came from Ducati. I’ve owned superbikes and Monsters so the FTR would be a perfect mix!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
They’ll be available for general purchase right after the 2020 models are announced.

With a modest price increase.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cycletrader.com, craigslist, cash talks.
Will not be long before the discounting, resale market rears it's beautiful head.
Bottomfeeders have needs too. Tried shopping for a Scout lately?

·
Diamond member
8,487 Posts
Cycletrader.com, craigslist, cash talks.
Will not be long before the discounting, resale market rears it's beautiful head.
Bottomfeeders have needs too. Tried shopping for a Scout lately?
No.
What's the scoop?

·
Bronze member
1,029 Posts
I imagine my dealer (Indian of Charlotte) has them all spoke for. They are a very big and well known dealer. I was hot after another Scout but for the slight bump up in $ it may be the bike for me! I came from Ducati. I’ve owned superbikes and Monsters so the FTR would be a perfect mix!
They have 10 inbound and last I heard 6 were spoken for. I still talk to the sales guy that sold me my wife’s bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They have 10 inbound and last I heard 6 were spoken for. I still talk to the sales guy that sold me my wife’s bike.

Odd I messaged them on FB and they said all were spoken for except 1 at Coastal Indian in SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Probably not apples to apples. When I put a preorder deposit down on my bobber (was told I was the first to do so at this dealship) I waited the allotted time then called to check on delivery about once a week for news on delivery date. Kept being told “should be any day, we’ll call as soon as we get it”. One Saturday my wife looks on their website, they show my same bobber for sale, “in stock”. I figure it’s just a stock photo to promote it. I call them up immediately, NOPE, they have one on the floor!!! Not happy at all, but in the end, I pick it up that same afternoon. Theyre very sorry, paperwork screw up, miscommunication, etc... Not a great way to start out with this place, but all worked out in the end. I can hardly blame them I guess. Why give me my bike and not have one on the floor to entice others, when they know I’m a sure bet in the end. Can’t wait to hear if others run into this who are so sure they’ll be of the first ftr owners since they put a deposit down. Just to rub salt in the wound, a couple months later on their Facebook page, they show a new bobber owner as the “first” purchaser at the dealership, lol. I didn’t get a photo taken of me and my new bike like everyone else, too late in the day on a Saturday . Sounds like I’m bashing them, but I’m not. Chalked it up to a new dealer, growing pains (helped me sleep at night). They’ve actually been stellar since, nothing but compliments for them.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I was selling Indians/Victorys a few years back when I bought my first run Scout. Polaris got a big black eye for availability/production timelines. I'm guessing dealers will have, at least, a small supply of FTR's on hand for sale. Might be a couple weeks later, but not long. That said, I'm guessing the prices will come down as the demand lessens after the new bike rush subsides. I'm waiting a year, for either a FTR, or hopefully, an ADV version...

·
Registered
171 Posts
After the initial excitement and hype, Polaris production will be able to manufacture more units for walk in customers, probably late Fall or Spring 2020.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts