Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to join my local IMRG group for about a year now with strangely no luck. I don't intend to buy a new motorcycle in the next few years as I like my Scout Sixty. Having had experience with HOG chapters and their disdain for Sportsters and some Dyna models (not that the Dyna's matter now). I am just wondering if this is just an odd chapter or is the Scout viewed as the Sportster of the Indian tribe.
For now it doesn't matter since its probably best to ride alone during the pandemic and I don't care if Scouts are looked down on as they are good bikes. Mine has been up and down the west coast, down 50 miles of washboard dirt road to the top of Steen's mountain and generally all around the NW.
So let me know if I just have an odd chapter or if its a Scout thing.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
But your in the scout section?
WTF is the "Scout section"? When I rode with the IMRG, we just rode. It did not matter what you rode...hell, we had one guy that owned an Indian AND a BMW, and he would show up on either one, depending on how far we were going.

·
Bronze member
2,790 Posts
he meant that he doesn't ride with the IRMG... look at his avatar picture... it's a Scout.. and no, at least around here the Scout is not the "Sportster" of Indian..

·
Rider
827 Posts
I'm the secretary and membership Director of my IMRG group here in Ohio. Almost half the bikes in our group are scout's! No one gives it a second thought. We just like getting together and riding. Doesn't matter what brand or kind of bike you are on!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm the secretary and membership Director of my IMRG group here in Ohio. Almost half the bikes in our group are scout's! No one gives it a second thought. We just like getting together and riding. Doesn't matter what brand or kind of bike you are on!!
Seems like the smart way to do things and the way most riders would agree with as well.

·
Registered
241 Posts
For the last year i was the only Scout Sixty in my local IMRG. I was as welcomed as any other rider and being pretty new they looked out for me like i was a little sister. 2 new lady scout riders have joined up with us. My local group is very welcoming and accommodating of all bikes and abilities.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,999 Posts
I haven't yet ridden to any of our meetings since trading a 2015 Chieftain for a 2019 Scout. Cold winter weather followed by the pandemic nixed that. I did have one guy shake his head in disbelief that I made that trade. For a while until I got the Scout modified enough to be comfortable I was thinking that I might have made a big mistake. I've managed to get the comfort up to an acceptable level though I might consider an Airhawk seat pad or a sheepskin cover for longer rides. So far no negative comments outside of about the crappy horn sound.

·
Bronze member
1,714 Posts
Scouts are welcomed in the IMRG, but some chapters say that the Scouts must be in the rear of the pack with the newbies.

·
Rider
827 Posts
Scouts are welcomed in the IMRG, but some chapters say that the Scouts must be in the rear of the pack with the newbies.
If this is true it's ridiculous. Our scouts ride wherever they end up in the group. A few guys on scouts have even lead rides and been tail gunners. This is a lot of ego BS if it's true. The guys on the bigger bikes must be trying to compensate for something else they lack in another area. 😂

·
Vendor / bronze
2,768 Posts
I started the Charleston, SC IMRG chapter. At the time I rode a Scout as well as others in the group. If your group looks down on Scouts they are not worth hangin with. The Scout is a beautiful bike and tends to get more attention in the parking lot than the bigger bikes. I ride a Springfield now because it is more comfortable. But Scout is a great bike and much better than a Sporty.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts