Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TS111 s are damn hot, how is the heat for those that have owned both? I’d hate to give up my 2017 RM but I may be enticed when I see the new models with the tourpacks.

·
Registered
2008 Victory Vision 2016 Victory Vision 2020 Indian Challenger
840 Posts
What heat? :cool:

Reactions: Papanorm

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a 2017 Vintage and now a Challenger. There's a world of difference. K2V2 said, what heat? He said it all. Since my Vintage did put out some burning thigh heat at times, I was a bit worried about such from the Challenger. I actually did 8 test runs over a period of a few weeks starting with temps of 100 and ended up at 112 degrees in some city traffic. The cyl deactivation works perfectly on the Challenger and I'm sure on other models 2019 and after. The Challenger is the coolest bike for heat that I've ever owned. It's a great question though and an important question to ask. Burning thigh heat ruins a good ride very quickly. If I'm correct, I believe I remember Indian saying at idle when hot, the fan motor reverses itself for direction for some of the engine heat and the rear cyl shuts off helping with the heat from the cat. But all I know for sure is here in AZ we have broken a ton of records for heat this year and the Challenger handles the heat just fine.....better than I do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got leather lowers for my front highway bars. Soft Lowers for Indian
Boy do you feel the heat near your shins and ankles. Luckily, the lowers can be removed and put on very easily and quickly. So I've been running them in the morning when temps are in the 60's but on the way home, when temps have been in the 80's, I put them in the saddle bag. Looking forward to utilizing the heat this fall. Not so much now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The GF complains a bit about the heat on her right foot, my best guess is it's radiating up from the cat. Once I delete that I doubt there will be a problem. For me, riding solo, no problems at all

·
Registered
678 Posts
I don't know if my rear cylinder is deactivated or not. I have never ridden a big motorcycle before this so I can't compare to other big cycles but it is hotter than my Scout was. It sets at 184 degrees most of the time when riding at 45 to 70 MPH. And goes a little higher in the city. (The Scout ran about 10 degrees cooler and has a smaller engine.) I need to see if my rear cylinder is deactivated.

·
Bronze member
3,124 Posts
No heat on my stock Challenger (old bike was a RM with PVCX/tune and cat delete). World of difference between the two. RM would still get hot on those 90+ degree days. When moving, the Challenger stays at 182 degrees no matter the ambient temp. Also, the cat is at the bottom of the bike, inside a resonator, in front of the rear tire. I don’t even know it’s there.

·
5 years +
231 Posts
I don't know if my rear cylinder is deactivated or not. I have never ridden a big motorcycle before this so I can't compare to other big cycles but it is hotter than my Scout was. It sets at 184 degrees most of the time when riding at 45 to 70 MPH. And goes a little higher in the city. (The Scout ran about 10 degrees cooler and has a smaller engine.) I need to see if my rear cylinder is deactivated.
You should read your owners manual it has a lot of good info in it about your bike.

·
Registered
678 Posts
You should read your owners manual it has a lot of good info in it about your bike.
You are probably correct. I don't even know where I put the owners manual. But I did notice that the red x on the rear cylinder does appear on my screen and I can hear the tapping sound so it is activated and working. Now to find that stinking owners manual.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,627 Posts
There's a pdf version on the Indian site.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,627 Posts
I like the PDF version because it's searchable :)

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,627 Posts
I tend to get a little obsessive about this kind of thing. I think I read through the manual twice before I ever got the bike. :)

My mantra: It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Glad I started reading this thing I already found out a few things. I gotta change that security code and could click that suspension up one notch for my weight.
(Not mentioned in the manual)
I found my code on a sticker under the right cover panel. It'd be a good idea to remove it before someone removes it for you 🙄

1 - 18 of 18 Posts