Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - I'm looking for the operating manual specific to the PV3 - is there one? All I can find is PVCX how to's.

I recorded eight data logs today while riding my Chieftain. When I open the log with the PC software all I see is a graph with my speed. Do I need to specify each engine parameter I want to log or does the record button record all of the engine parameters. Its like pulling teeth trying for find out how to use this thing!

If I have to specify which engine parameters before logging - how on earth do I know which ones to log so a custom map can be made...

·
Bronze member
2,128 Posts
Ok - I'm looking for the operating manual specific to the PV3 - is there one? All I can find is PVCX how to's.

I recorded eight data logs today while riding my Chieftain. When I open the log with the PC software all I see is a graph with my speed. Do I need to specify each engine parameter I want to log or does the record button record all of the engine parameters. Its like pulling teeth trying for find out how to use this thing!

If I have to specify which engine parameters before logging - how on earth do I know which ones to log so a custom map can be made...
The log files contain all engine data channels!
In WinPep8 DataCenter you can specify what to display by clicking on the axis descriptions.
This applies to all kind of views ... time series graphs, table/matrix view or 3D.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
You need the software manual and some patience. I found that process frustrating and complex... but everything is there including guidance on how to use it. Craig Bennet has a blog, FuelMoto has a remote tuning service... There are some extensive threads here as well. Hang in and keep asking questions.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In WinPep8 DataCenter you can specify what to display by clicking on the axis descriptions.
This applies to all kind of views ... time series graphs, table/matrix view.

Thank You this helps a lot! I was only able to see my speed data. I will try the axis descriptions and to see if there is more data. I thought all of my five minute (pv 3) log files were small. 350-450 kb. Not sure what the size of a log file should be.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need the software manual and some patience. I found that process frustrating and complex... but everything is there including guidance on how to use it. Craig Bennet has a blog, FuelMoto has a remote tuning service... There are some extensive threads here as well. Hang in and keep asking questions.
Thank You yes it’s a little overwhelming. I will figure this out eventually lol..

·
Bronze member
2,128 Posts
The log files can grow (on my PVCX, the PV3 might be different!) up to 17minutes without WBCX data and about 15minutes with additional WB data.
I think the max filesize was something like 512kByte...
The logging automatically stops (cleanly) once max filesize is reached.
Usually I collect 4-8 large files ... then do a processing (finetuning) run in the software.
I think that I did once 12 large files accross a touring day even.
Everytime I transfer the files for processing on my laptop of course I delete them from the device storage :)

·
Bronze member
2,128 Posts
Oh ... and one more thing:
The log file actually needs a clean close (either button press or max file size reached) to get properly written to the flash drive of the device.
So ... turning off power on your bike while a log is running will produce a 0kb file. ;)

·
Bronze member
4,686 Posts
It sounds like the same trouble I was having. Here's how.
When you load the Powercore software it installs the icon, and that opens the 'front desk', then you click on one of the three apps. it's a bit weird but you have to go into the menu of the front desk to change what parameters you see in the apps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This applies to all kind of views ... time series graphs, table/matrix view or 3D.

This is all I can see in the WinPEP Data Center for my logfile. What do I click on to see more data?

Capture.JPG

·
Bronze member
2,128 Posts
This is all I can see in the WinPEP Data Center for my logfile. What do I click on to see more data?

View attachment 515296
Click on "Vehicle Speed (mph)" ... which is the Y-Axis description.
:)

And on top you have selected "single graph" ... you can display multiple time series if you select double or triple graph on the same screen!

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Right click any graph axis to see an extensive listing of choices to display. The hard part for me was figuring out X vs Y relationships and exactly what to look at for various engine symptoms.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Click on "Vehicle Speed (mph)" ... which is the Y-Axis description.
:)

And on top you have selected "single graph" ... you can display multiple time series if you select double or triple graph on the same screen!

Wow thanks so much now Im getting somewhere!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Right click any graph axis to see an extensive listing of choices to display. The hard part for me was figuring out X vs Y relationships and exactly what to look at for various engine symptoms.
Thanks dieselgman I can finally see my data!!!

·
Silver member
4,811 Posts
I would start with a canned Fuelmoto tune for the 116 and see how you like that vs. the factory tune. Then dial it in from there with CraigB if needed...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts