Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Very cool! Any history on this Indian would be of great interest to all. Barn find? Restored ? All original???
A piece to certainly be proud of.

·
Bronze member
2,561 Posts
Why create a thread with no explanation other than just pictures? There appears to be only 2 different pictures.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
:pOK you have my attention and no doubt a lot of other people's too. Welcome aboard Buddy. I know you are going to like it here. Love the Scout, although it's a little different looking than mine. Is it a new line by Indian and what is its Vin Number? ( if you spend a little more time here you'll discover I have a thing for Vin Numbers!:p)
Alpal

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
I like, welcome to the forum. Tell us a little about the bike.
Very cool! Any history on this Indian would be of great interest to all. Barn find? Restored ? All original???
A piece to certainly be proud of.
Why create a thread with no explanation other than just pictures? There appears to be only 2 different pictures.
:pOK you have my attention and no doubt a lot of other people's too. Welcome aboard Buddy. I know you are going to like it here. Love the Scout, although it's a little different looking than mine. Is it a new line by Indian and what is its Vin Number? ( if you spend a little more time here you'll discover I have a thing for Vin Numbers!:p)
Alpal
yea ~ what they all said :D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Very nice machine, I would be proud to call her mine for sure. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK Thanks for the warm welcome ! Sorry about all the same photos had trouble down sizing and uploading The 3d grade was my senior year :)
As for the bike it's number is AG5386 and if you google it in you find that it was sold at Christies Auction house in I believe 2001. I now hope to get some
input thru this site from some people in Demark as to who owned the bike and who did a truly remarkable restoration. I found the bike in Michigan and you fellows will love this story. The guy who had it said that he had owned it for over 40 years and on and on. When I buy something I draw my own conclusion's based on the facts and the facts
were that other than rust in tank and a tack in the tire I had a chance to purchase very reasonable a very complete 1926 Indian I might add with a completely restored side car.

With the help from the boys at the 101 site George Yarocki and all the part books and manuals I could get my hands on. I went thru everything I could cables, electrical (amp meter wiring group) tested generator and Mag, got the tank cleaned,(still fighting the urge to line it but having no trouble so I wont) tested-calibrated the oil pump 18 drop per minute had to redo leathers in the manual oil pump. As for motor , crankcase group, clutches, carburetor never had to do a thing. I still feel that the throttle cable and carb tree
are not working just the way they should but not having another to look at I'm stuck.

I will say thank God for the side car it made a great set of training wheels when I first started riding the bike and figuring out the brakes and shifting and clutch. However it soon came off as for me it takes away from the bike experience. So I will add a few photos and if anyone knows any people in the Demark area that might be able to help on the history of this bike please send them my way Just wanted to add one photo in my living room is where the bike spends its winters :)

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
Nice, thanks for the info. 18 drops of oil per min, would like to know how that works. I have no experience with bikes that old. Would sure enjoy a video or two explaining some of the nuances.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Great find! I second the motion for a video of this bike and the things you had to learn to ride it. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You will just love this old guy and his instructional videos here is the one on the old meter
and here is a video of me starting "the old Indian"

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW - Lucky Dog!!!
You say Old age and treachery beats youth and inexperience every time" Well here is a video of a 1816 Stephen Hasham tower clock that had not
run in we figure since about the civil war 1861 --about 154 years and the experts said in would never run agian With a lot of help from Jesus I got it to
run and keep time and ring the bell every hour on the hour for over two years now !!! And the Indian is the same - when I bought it I could not tell you
the difference for a moped and a motorcycle - but your never to old to learn - In life I will always be the FNG

·
Registered
808 Posts
Great videos! I took some bench courses at AWCI years ago in watchmaking, so I can appreciate the clock video. Thanks for clearing up the oil pump question.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
View attachment 29224
Jay saw your flag and patches in your photo and I am a 9 years vet of the 82d Airborne and just wanted to share a photo of a Soldiers Monument that I built for my front yard just to say "lets never forget"
OCT955, I stand in awe at the pride shown by many of the American people towards the men and women of your Armed Forces. It is inspiring that so many choose never to forget the sacrifice given in lives and pain.

We, down under honour our ANZAC's and remember also, with the fourth stanza from the Laurence Binyan poem, "For the Fallen" and I produce it here in its entirety.

For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.

Solemn the drums thrill; Death august and royal
Sings sorrow up into immortal spheres,
There is music in the midst of desolation
And a glory that shines upon our tears.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted;
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
They sleep beyond England's foam.

But where our desires are and our hopes profound,
Felt as a well-spring that is hidden from sight,
To the innermost heart of their own land they are known
As the stars are known to the Night;

As the stars that shall be bright when we are dust,
Moving in marches upon the heavenly plain;
As the stars that are starry in the time of our darkness,
To the end, to the end, they remain.
Alpal.

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
View attachment 29224
Jay saw your flag and patches in your photo and I am a 9 years vet of the 82d Airborne and just wanted to share a photo of a Soldiers Monument that I built for my front yard just to say "lets never forget"
First - Did anyone notice OCT955's front yard? Looks like a friggin park. second - did you realize how many different skill sets are needed to design and build this awesome monument. Wow. is all I can say. Heck of a job

1 - 20 of 44 Posts