Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought FMB Hells Gate handlebars for my Bobber. I HAVE ABS. FMB recommends +2” cables. Are all cables made the same? How do I go about finding the correct ones that will fit my bike? Where do I find the plug and play electrical wiring extender so I don’t have to solder more wire in? Please help.

·
Registered
2019 Scout Bobber Icon ABS
87 Posts
I can answer that one. You buy cables like you bought everything else, shop. Visit (online) or search this huge community here. Depending on how high you are going, mine are 10", you won't need to extend wiring because there is ample slack in the nacelle. If you are going insane like 16" you may have a problem.

Since you have a Bobber, a clutch cable and brake line are going to be a necessity. Aftermarket clutch cables like Barnett are superior to stock. Since you have ABS, you have choices to make. That unit is under the battery box, in its own mounting bracket. You will play hell getting to it. If you have the magic junction connection under your tank, as mine did, it was easier for me to buy the factory extension kit and only use a small piece, from the upper master reservoir to that connection. If that is not your case, I have a brand new shiny one-piece brake cable you can run from your reservoir to your ABS unit. Good luck, and if you have more questions post them here. I did buy bars from Dean Speed that had controls positioning pins, and holes drilled for internal wiring. Thats a whole 'nuther post if you decide to do that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love a step by step with pictures of how to do this job if anyone has it!! Thanks guys! I just emailed Barnett to get the right cables. If anyone has any links to other threads that would be appreciated also!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts