Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always known that when the snow squeaks as you walk over it, the temperature is below zero but this winter is starting off even colder than that. I noticed the witches are now braless, the well diggers are hiding behind the stove & the monkeys have quit reproducing completely. When I take a whiz out behind the barn I am now leaving inverted icicles in the snow. Our local newpaper reported that the annual pumphandle licking contest has been moved south to Duluth & a man in North Dakota burnt his hands while thawing out a bottle of Jack Daniels in the fireplace. If Al Gore and this global warming stuff doesnt happen pretty soon, the 15th annual bikini BBQ contest in Thunder Bay will have to be canceled (this is probably good since the politically correct organization made them open it up to both men & women).

As for me, I am headed south to bask in the sun until the snow has melted and the salt and sand is washed off the roads. As for the rest of you living up north, be safe & stay warm!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SO you should enjoy the heatwave we're having here in Texas right now... It's a balmy 28 degrees...
EASY

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may be in the twenties this morning, but it was in the 70s yesterday, and will be in the 60s on Saturday when we ride to Muenster, TX for lunch.

That's what I love about Texas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
13 degrees here this morning with 5' of fresh powder too - but it's next Tuesday morning I'm watching - they're saying -10 to -14 which is close to unheard of in Indiana.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
-34 F hear in Northern, MN. Car said it's not taking me to work this am and refused to start. That's what happens when the block heater is laying in the back of the car rather than being installed. Too cold too fast this fall.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's currently -10F and will warm all the way up to -1F today. I can't say that I'm looking forward to my next gas bill!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
-40 here in Chelmsford Ontario Canada when I got up this morning. -40 just happens to be that point where F = C Damd cold anyway and that ain't funny, no matter who you are. ߘְߘְߘְߘ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
-6F here though it is a bright sunny morning. If the weatherman is to be believed it may hit 20F this weekend, then back down to single digits on both sides of 0.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It will hit 80 for me this afternoon, and I'll be on the Beach eating fish Tacos. Its a tough job you know.

I'm in Roatan, Honduras on Tuedays, Belize-Wed. Coasta Maya-Thurs, Cozumel-Friday, then hit Tampa on Sunday to restart another week. it sounds great, but thankfully I've only got one more trip before I get to go home, pet my dog, and Ride back in Georgia. (I dont care how cold it will be, I'm gonna ride, I just hope it's not raining)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang guys seeing how cold it is north and west I'm going to have to quit complaining!
More in keeping with the OP, it's so cold...
..I had to chisel the dog off the lamp post
..the mailman is now on alert for dogs and polar bears
..the snowman is knocking on the door wanting to come inside.
I even saw a laywer with his hands in his OWN pockets...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good stuff, Pointman! lol Now for some serious whining. It is COLD down here in South Texas and we hate the COLD. Right now it is in the lower 40's, which would not be bearable long term, but we've had it in the 30's and a couple of dips into the high 20's over the past month. COLD is NOT cool. :) I really feel for you northern guys. Hibernation time for sure. Best to ya'.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
18595 said:
Good stuff, Pointman! lol Now for some serious whining. It is COLD down here in South Texas and we hate the COLD. Right now it is in the lower 40's, which would not be bearable long term, but we've had it in the 30's and a couple of dips into the high 20's over the past month. COLD is NOT cool. :) I really feel for you northern guys. Hibernation time for sure. Best to ya'.
40's??? Heck I'd still be riding my 140 mile commute in those balmy temps! LOL
I heard some whining a couple weeks ago about the ice storms parts of TX received and the affected areas simply shut down until the ice melted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, some of us Texans can man-up and ride in frigid temps too! I rode on New Years Eve, a COLD, overcast day in the mid 40's. Yeah, I had my heated jacket liner and gloves on, definitely needed at those temps, but I did it, and enjoyed it! :) I didn't see another bike on the road that day. I can hear the laughing and snickering guys, :), year my computer has special powers, but bring on the 100+ temps and, um, the situation reversus itself! lol The cool thing about Indians, no pun intended, is though riding gives the greatest pleasure, they sure are purdy to look at in the garage! :)
On a serious note, I can gear up and handle the 40's but minuses, teens, etc., are BRUTAL! I feel for you guys.
PS: I have to admit that this banter has 'almost' embarrassed me enough to get my whiney butt out on my Chieftain today. We'll see. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got my oil changed last weekend and they said my coolant is good to -10F. Too bad it's going to be -15F like Pointman said. My truck stays in a non-heated but attached garage so it should be ok but once I get to work (and park in a wide open parking lot), I just don't know. I guess, whatever God decides is good for me. I planned to have my radiator flushed this spring thinking it probably wouldn't get below -10F this winter. Hmmm...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's wrong for me even to post on this thread. I took a little ride at 3am this morning. Long sleeve shirt, fingerless gloves, tennis shoes without socks. Every now and then a middle of the night ride around the city seems to put a little edge back on.

75 in Hollywood Florida at 3 am

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nothing is more fun than going for a ride and waiving at the kids skating on the frozen lake. If it got into the 40s in MN the roads would be full of bikes, thats tshirt and shorts weather around here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
by Monday our high temp will -10 and low will be -16.

More like Canada then southern Wisconsin. So far this year we've got around 8' more snow then normal(no biggie) and average temp for December was 5 degrees lower than normal.

Than again I remember riding in late July and it only being in the 50's which isn't normal for us either.

Oh well, not much to change about the weather until I win the lotto and just follow the good weather around.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts