Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when I'm wrong I'm wrong..or at least my accuracy had a shelf life, or price cap.. likely, I was just wrong...

My dealer is now moving FTRs at a good clip. The other dealer close to me, has said the same.
I went from being the only FTR owner in my 70k populace town. there is also now one in a small neighboring village.
I'm now 1 of 4 FTRs in my city... already saw 2 of them.
That officially takes my city from being a 3 Indian town (2 are mine), to a 7 Indians town. Interestingly and ironically all but 2 of them, are FTRs..
Seems like the price is now right....

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Scout Sixty
229 Posts
I would love to see more Indians on the road in my town! We have a Huge HD dealer here and it would be epic to see the Indians take over

·
Registered
765 Posts
We have a lot of Indians on the road in QLD...mostly scouts and the bigger tourers...I have seen a few FTRs but you don’t see them all the time...I’m happy being the one off in my area...👍😎🇦🇺

·
Registered
36 Posts
RideNow told me I was apparently one of the first owners of an FTR in Phoenix. I've only seen one other so far. Bought mine for 14 stock early on looks like the price hasn't changed here. I'm surprised I haven't seen more in AZ considering the riding weather is pretty good here or at least it was

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would love to see more Indians on the road in my town! We have a Huge HD dealer here and it would be epic to see the Indians take over
Actually that is one factor in why I bring the subject up. It is much the same as your situation. I have 2 HD dealers a stones throw from me. They're not huge dealers. But the big ass factory that makes them is. Lol.
I'm from a town 40 miles away from Milwaukee And thousands of other business's that supports and produces for them.
I didn't see my first Indian in the wild here until like 2016 sometime. And then only 1-2 after that until very recently.
All that said high lights the real struggle against HD loyalty in these parts. I get it,, it's more than just a riding loyalty, it's also a "they put food on my table" loyalty..
So, I feel if we start seeing a lot of Indians in my neck of the woods, they have to be making serious inroads as a whole in a population who was weened on HD branded baby bottles and diapers.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It’s happening here as well mate...HD is no where as popular in QLD as it used to be...you still have your die hards and the 1% boys and some new buyers are getting into those 500’s but indian is catching on really quickly as a better, cheaper and more reliable brand. I think the shift here will be bigger in a couple of years. 👍😎🇦🇺

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It’s happening here as well mate...HD is no where as popular in QLD as it used to be...you still have your die hards and the 1% boys and some new buyers are getting into those 500’s but indian is catching on really quickly as a better, cheaper and more reliable brand. I think the shift here will be bigger in a couple of years. 👍😎🇦🇺
That's interesting.
When would you say the decline in your area began?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think it may have started when the newer models were being released. Probably over the last two years I’ve noticed it. The HD dealers here are Gasoline Alley and Gold Coast Harley...you can drive past now days and there won’t be many customers there. A few years earlier it would be like a throng of people and bikes everywhere. Now not so much now. I think a combination of high prices and the newer models not appealing to the HD faithful may have a lot to do with it...I mean you get a lot more bike for less money with an Indian. I’ve never really been a cruiser man but I can’t fault the wife’s bobber scout. It’s a really nice bike to ride. And for what we paid new for it with all the stuff she wanted on it, it’s great value too...👍😎🇦🇺

·
Bronze member
2,198 Posts
Sadly the ones are my dealer I rode exactly a year ago are still sitting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
My dealer has sold 5 or 6 but have only seen one other....

Reactions: Hatt

·
Registered
359 Posts
I’ve seen 3 FTR’s on the road in my area (Twin Cities MN) but only once. My dealer’s inventory has shrunk some but they still had a fair amount of FTR’s left when I went in last. When I picked mine up in March my salesman had said they had only sold 3 since they arrived back in mid 2019.

That being said my dealer is next to a decent sized HD dealer and I’ve been seeing quite a few other Indians lately. Mainly chiefs and big baggers, only one scout.

Reactions: Hatt

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sadly the ones are my dealer I rode exactly a year ago are still sitting there.

What is PA. Or your areas lock down and job status at?
I ask because it seems after we reopened, there was a snap back.
However, my dealer called me in early May saying for some reason, the month of April during the shut down, was their strongest April since carrying Indian.. the FTR dales were recent, so by my estimation my dealer is currently cooking with gas with the indian brand.

·
Bronze member
2,198 Posts
They have been open for about two months now. They sold every sxs, four wheeler, and Dirtbike they had in their showroom. Very few street bikes were moved.

They only sold one challenger as well

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They have been open for about two months now. They sold every sxs, four wheeler, and Dirtbike they had in their showroom. Very few street bikes were moved.

They only sold one challenger as well

10/4

1 - 18 of 18 Posts