Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '18 CDH and am considering this horn. I have seen the installation video's and it seems rather simple to install. However, I see that my horn is on the frame towards the front. While at the dealer, I see this is the case for a number of bikes.

What is under the horn cover? (I haven't taken the time to take mine off)
Has anyone installed this horn when the original one was not under the horn cover?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a '18 CDH and am considering this horn. I have seen the installation video's and it seems rather simple to install. However, I see that my horn is on the frame towards the front. While at the dealer, I see this is the case for a number of bikes.

What is under the horn cover? (I haven't taken the time to take mine off)
Has anyone installed this horn when the original one was not under the horn cover?
Great questions RichardBMitchell!
As IndySF posted, the ignition coil.
For the 2018-19 models the horn is located in front of the engine. Installation of our System is very similar to previous model installations. You simply disconnect your stock horn wiring connector from stock horn and relocate and connect to your new Air Horn System .. There’s sufficient wire length once re-routed and relocated, so no need for cutting or splicing wires.
Your new Air Horn System, including compressor, relay, etc. are all located under the “coil” cover (2018-19) as in the previous 2014-17 models (2014-17 it was a “horn/coil” cover) :)
One last thing, the 2014-17 and 2018-19 Air Horn Systems are not interchangeable, the thee bolt pattern of the cover are different!
Hope we’ve been helpful!

·
Silver member
4,595 Posts
Indian moved the horn to the front of the frame in 18. They also used a much wimpier "Herbie the Love Bug" sounding horn.

The horn was moved as they redesigned the horn cover to move in closer to the motor to create more air flow to the riders leg due to the constant complaints about the heat.

Of course, in 19, they then added the cylinder deactivation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts