Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now bear with me fellow Indian riders, this is off topic for sure, but I befriended a foreign traveler from Germany (through horizensunlimited.com) when he decided to travel the U.S. for a few years on a Piaggio scooter (yes you heard right) and here is his first trip report and pictures: www.1world2go.com I hope you can appreciate what this intrepid traveler is doing...on his own and at his age...

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,052 Posts
Howdy All,
The Horizons Unlimited site is pretty cool. A fellow from Australia making a motorcycle tour of the US contacted me a few years ago about camping recommendations in the Big Bend and accepted my invitation to stop at my place for a few days. A fun and interesting guy and we still exchange e-mails on a regular basis. If I ever make it to Oz I've got a place to stay and a friendly native guide.
--- Randall

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's exactly the whole idea, Randall, we have all sorts of interesting characters out there on two wheels. I was even contacted by guys wanting to ride through Afghanistan while I was in Kabul for three years. Great stories to share over a beer sometime?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,052 Posts
That's exactly the whole idea, Randall, we have all sorts of interesting characters out there on two wheels. I was even contacted by guys wanting to ride through Afghanistan while I was in Kabul for three years. Great stories to share over a beer sometime?
The Aussie contacted me because I'd put my e-mail address on the Horizon Un-limited site as being willing to aid motorcycle travelers coming through the Big Bend. One of the best things about my years in the motorcycle business was meeting the interesting people who ride bikes. Beer and stories? I'm up for that. Give me a holler if you ever make it out to Far West Texas!
--- Randall

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Speaking of rescue riders, we used to have such a group on the Victory site how about setting one up administrators? It can be done anonymously using phone numbers and cities/towns only. Then a traveling rider could download the list before heading out on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts