Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put some Crusher Mavericks on my 2016 Sixty. It sounds great, but I thought I might want to bring down the volume a little bit. There is no baffle sold for these pipes (2.5's) so, I'm exploring the "DIY" options. I've read some posts about people sticking SOS pads (stainless) right up the tailpipe (4 or 5 of em).

A lot of homemade baffles require drilling into your pipes to hold whatever you put in there in place. I'm wondering if there is an effective way to baffle these pipes without any drilling into my brand new pipes.

Lastly, with the SOS method. Does this effect performance at all? It seems like they would have to be packed pretty tight to stay in there, but if that's the case, how does that not cause the banana in the tailpipe effect?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,847 Posts
I wouldn't do that. It will create too much back pressure and the steel wool will eventually just burn out so you'd be back to square one again if you don't damage your exhaust valves. Skinny pipes like the Crushers don't have any room to speak of for fiberglass packing around the louvered core. I went with longer stock length Tab Longs which are the same diameter as the stock mufflers but I thought long pipes looked better with saddlebags. Just my personal choice.

·
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,060 Posts
Drag specialties makes universal ones. Measure the inside diameter of the exhaust and order one that size. You can turn the securing screw of the baffle onto the inside so it secures inside the pipe. No holes. Less than 5 minutes. Did this with my roadmaster and my scout. Works great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drag specialties makes universal ones. Measure the inside diameter of the exhaust and order one that size. You can turn the securing screw of the baffle onto the inside so it secures inside the pipe. No holes. Less than 5 minutes. Did this with my roadmaster and my scout. Works great.

Thanks Mack!! This might be just what I'm looking for. Now to measure, and see if I can find one the size of the Crushers!

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
I would suggest looking here for baffles. I have used these before. Good company.

·
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,060 Posts
I would suggest looking here for baffles. I have used these before. Good company.
Second that. BCT makes good stuff! Had a set, Not as quiet as the drag specialties ones. Put a BCT quiet thunder in my car race exhaust and it's awesome.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
4,847 Posts
I think the Crusher pipes are too small on the inside diameter for those to fit. Unless you have smaller baffles than those shown in your picture that is.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I used a 13 inch 3/4 copper pipe, drilled holes on the top, then again on the side staggered from the top. Took a punch in the holes and pushed down to make a small lift and dent. Put a big washer on the end, and drilled holes to match the screws on the side of the muffler. Sounds okay. I may look at one of those options above, just to try it out. I like the short look myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts