Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw these on the Dirty Bird Concepts bike but was advised they won't make them. Burly Brand and DB Customs won't make with Indian peg mounts. Soooo ... EBay was my friend. Pedals = $15, Kuryakyn mounts = $13, bolts/washers = $4 and a bit of disassembly and 9/16" drilling = free. I think they're pretty damn cool :)
DSCF1149.JPG

·
Registered
181 Posts
Saw these on the Dirty Bird Concepts bike but was advised they won't make them. Burly Brand and DB Customs won't make with Indian peg mounts. Soooo ... EBay was my friend. Pedals = $15, Kuryakyn mounts = $13, nuts/washers = $4 and a bit of disassembly and 9/16" drilling = free. I think they're pretty damn cool :) View attachment 4781
Nice job Troop! Just goes to show what one can do with a little home-grown ingenuity. Besides, they look like they are totally in keeping with the style of the Scout and won't look like everybody else's off-the-shelf accessories.

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Saw these on the Dirty Bird Concepts bike but was advised they won't make them. Burly Brand and DB Customs won't make with Indian peg mounts. Soooo ... EBay was my friend. Pedals = $15, Kuryakyn mounts = $13, bolts/washers = $4 and a bit of disassembly and 9/16" drilling = free. I think they're pretty damn cool :) View attachment 4781
What's the Kuryakn mount criteria? Are they like a Dyna mount?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great idea and execution, props for that. But shame on you for using cheap Chinese pedals on your American-Made Scout, I don't think it will be happy with you.
If I don't tell it, maybe it won't know? Ah well. :)

Reactions: cameramanx

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the Kuryakn mount criteria? Are they like a Dyna mount?
The Scout footpeg adapter is the same type used on the Victory cruiser bikes. Kuryakyn #8805

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Saw these on the Dirty Bird Concepts bike but was advised they won't make them. Burly Brand and DB Customs won't make with Indian peg mounts. Soooo ... EBay was my friend. Pedals = $15, Kuryakyn mounts = $13, bolts/washers = $4 and a bit of disassembly and 9/16" drilling = free. I think they're pretty damn cool :) View attachment 4781
Can you send a photo of the finish product

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you send a photo of the finish product
My bike is in storage at the store until mid February. It's mid winter here unlike you in Australia :(

·
Registered
738 Posts
OK you guys - you've really gotten my interest! I've ridden motorcycles for more years than I like to admit, but my Scout is my first "feet forward' riding position bike. I've always had regular foot pegs, but I have to admit that these seem like they'd look cool on a Scout.
But my question is - besides the looks, do you see other advantages? Are they more comfortable? Do they hinder cornering clearance?
Thanks!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
OK you guys - you've really gotten my interest! I've ridden motorcycles for more years than I like to admit, but my Scout is my first "feet forward' riding position bike. I've always had regular foot pegs, but I have to admit that these seem like they'd look cool on a Scout.
But my question is - besides the looks, do you see other advantages? Are they more comfortable? Do they hinder cornering clearance?
Thanks!
These are very popular in California-style Sportsers, bobbers, scramblers and street-trackers. Invariably, the rider wears blue or black old-school Vans... They serve no purpose on street bikes, a cool homage to the MX/BMX culture where you need a larger platform to stand on as well as the grip it provides. Look up Burley Brand MX pegs if you want these but don't want to make your own. There are many others, just google 'MX style pegs for Sportsers.'

Personally, not that it matters, I think these are very cool. I have an extra pair I took off my dirt bike and I'll try to slap them on. Great idea, Troop. Post a picture on the bike (and better be wearing Vans).

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Do they hinder cornering clearance?
Thanks!
Depending on length, they might not. But honestly, as long as they are on swivels, a little controlled grinding won't hurt anyone. Some brands actually make a little metal puck to take the beating and protect the pegs themselves. Personally, a few sparks flying on a tight turn is pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Burly Brand and DP Customs make their pegs with H-D male mounts. These are a bit thinner/different design than the Indian/Victory mounts. Everybody knows how receptive accessory companies are to Victory! DP Customs even state that their pegs started out as bicycle pegs. I was going to experiment with some Burly Brand's but didn't want a $100 failure. That said, I don't even know how I'll like the pegs. I saw that Dirty Bird had some mounted on their concept bike and I liked them. You can see the style of pegs on the Scout at their website Race Tech Series Scout Performance Exhaust Corning clearance might be a tad better cuz the bear claws are about a 1/4" shorter outward from the mounting pin. No feelers installed so they may get scuffed, but they certainly pivot. Again, only out about $32 so what the hell...

Reactions: Trapper and 2506

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just went to install these and they don't fit.. WAAAAHHHH.. The Kuryakyn Vic/Indian mounts are a bit different than the mount on the Scout peg. Who wudda thunk Indian would have changed the mount type on the Chief passenger peg > Scout? Ah well. I'm all set once Kuryakyn comes out with a Scout adapter. I've got the time :)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts