Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why in the name of *^&%#%^&$%&^% did Indian find it necessary to put 4 warning labels on the bike? O_O

Tank, left front and rear crash bar, and right rear crash bar.

Luckily the adhesive used was pretty terrible and a little heat made it die, but still, why so many?

Next step will be to kill the reflectors around the license plate bracket. Seriously, if someone misses all the LEDs back there, there's no hope. Has anyione tackled that bracket yet?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Yup a lot of warning labels to take off... You forgot about the labels on the wheels too and all the inspection stickers stuck all over everything.

I bought the Aeromac lic plate bracket and installed it, it does come with holes so you can install the oe reflectors if you want but why. You need to take the tail light off to get at the bracket screws then you can drill out the rivets and remove the side reflectors if you want to use the stock bracket.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the Aeromac lic plate bracket and installed it
Hmmm! I haven't heard of this; Googling it now!

(Edit: Google isn't finding such a thing... Link/info? :) )

Reactions: Roll On

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm - nevermind - it's Aeromach. The H matters, hehe.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I ruined a tank once in my younger (inexperienced) days taking one them %^&*$ stickers off...hate them too:mad:
also noticed that I never read any of them...and I am sure I am not the only one.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool.

I may order that bracket (once it's in stock anyway) or maybe just use a Dremel and cut off the reflectors from the stock one. They have to go, though.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Once you take the warning label off be prepare to wax it several times. It was one of the first things I did to my bike cleans it up nicely.
While you are in the Aeromach site look at the horn cover & start button gold coin. I bought the the horn coin really rocks it!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
While you are in the Aeromach site look at the honor cover & start button gold coin.
I saw those, and was wondering what they look like on the bike; I can't visualize is. Mind putting up pics? :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow - that does look very nice. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts