Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been closely watching the mileage on Indians coming in for service at our Dealership. To the best of my knowledge about 48K is the highest I have yet to see. I would like to see some posted odometers with the mileage on your Indian. The legitimate odometer with the most miles I will be sending the 5 Indian Pins in the attached photo. Contest ends January 31st , Need to post the picture of your odometer. Thanks

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
14,500 for my 2015 Chieftain

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
11,400 on my 2015 Scout.

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
I think Big Daddy and Randall are up over 100,000

·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been closely watching the mileage on Indians coming in for service at out Dealership. To the best of my knowledge about 48K is the highest I have yet to see. I would like to see some posted odometers with the mileage on your Indian. The legitimate odometer with the most miles I will be sending the 5 Indian Pins in the attached photo. Thanks
pins.jpg

·
Silver member
3,408 Posts
Vintage 17'500
Chieftain 15'600
RM 5'560
DH 2'250

I will not win with those numbers but we're loving the bikes.

Reactions: Shuje Sunge

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
BD to the white curtesy phone.

·
Registered
845 Posts
They should make two clarifications in my humble opinion:

1) Most miles... since ownership. My Escape has almost 130,000 miles on it - it doesn't say much about my driving habits, though, as it's a 2005 and I'm the 3rd owner.

2) Those miles should be based on timeframe, unless they are just trying to establish longevity of the motor. As I showed in my first point, having a crap-ton of miles doesn't necessarily prove you ride a lot. If you're bike is a 2000 and ride 3,000 miles a year, you stand a significant chance of beating someone who just bought theirs, but put 14,000 on their first year.

·
Founding Member
701 Posts
They should make two clarifications in my humble opinion:

1) Most miles... since ownership. My Escape has almost 130,000 miles on it - it doesn't say much about my driving habits, though, as it's a 2005 and I'm the 3rd owner.

2) Those miles should be based on timeframe, unless they are just trying to establish longevity of the motor. As I showed in my first point, having a crap-ton of miles doesn't necessarily prove you ride a lot. If you're bike is a 2000 and ride 3,000 miles a year, you stand a significant chance of beating someone who just bought theirs, but put 14,000 on their first year.
You need to ride more, you think too much.

Attachments

·
Registered
845 Posts
You need to ride more, you think too much.
Over 4700 miles since March 2016 when I bought her. I love riding, but my ego isn't so big that I believe I need to freeze my balls off to prove something - it's just not that enjoyable below 32. You're not taking in a whole lot of scenery or enjoying the freedom of wind in your face at that temperature, lol. I'll do some short rides here and there this winter when the mood strikes me and the roads are clear of salt and ice - other than that, I've got about a month and a half.

And if it boosts my standing at all, I'm also National Guard, so there are always rides I miss out on because of drill, plus at least one month when we have our Annual Training where I hardly get any in. With that said, I consider myself a fairly dedicated rider.

P.s. - You AZ folks make me sick:D Had a buddy that moved there not long ago and rubs it in my face all the time.

·
Founding Member
701 Posts
Over 4700 miles since March 2016 when I bought her. I love riding, but my ego isn't so big that I believe I need to freeze my balls off to prove something - it's just not that enjoyable below 32. You're not taking in a whole lot of scenery or enjoying the freedom of wind in your face at that temperature, lol. I'll do some short rides here and there this winter when the mood strikes me and the roads are clear of salt and ice - other than that, I've got about a month and a half.

And if it boosts my standing at all, I'm also National Guard, so there are always rides I miss out on because of drill, plus at least one month when we have our Annual Training where I hardly get any in. With that said, I consider myself a fairly dedicated rider.

P.s. - You AZ folks make me sick:D Had a buddy that moved there not long ago and rubs it in my face all the time.
You're right I should be more sympathetic coming from North Dakota(moved here in 1980).

·
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think Big Daddy and Randall are up over 100,000
Still waiting to see one of these guys send a snap shot of their odometer.
As mentioned by a member, I'm just looking to see how many miles this engine can go and what mechanical fixes are needed along the way. has anyone had to replace a clutch yet? How many miles for that repair with normal riding?

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
@Randall @Big Daddy What issues if any have you had with the high mileage TS111 usage? If I recall, some small repairs, but nothing major?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts