Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. When I bought my bike I ordered everything. (Too much money.) There was no aftermarket at the time. Honest opinions. What do you think of the hiway bars on the scout? I just put them on and I am torn. And by the way because they are angled you can't rest your feet on them while cruising. I love the look of a naked scout. Maybe I should have bought the Vintage. But I love the ride on the scout. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. Remember, I am a tough biker. They mount very securely and and are very well made.

IMG_3134.jpg
IMG_3133.jpg
IMG_3132.jpg

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I put hwy-bars on for the sole purpose of reducing the amount of damage if she go's down. Put bars on my Shadow and they preformed well on two occasions. Also added pegs to the Shadow, but found that mini-boards on Scout there's no need for hwy-pegs.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,005 Posts
What do you think of the hiway bars on the scout? I just put them on and I am torn. And by the way because they are angled you can't rest your feet on them while cruising. I love the look of a naked scout.
I bought a set of them too, waited for months to get them and I agree they are stout and sturdy and will work in an emergency...... but they look like, you know what.
Whom ever designs this stuff is not a motorcycle person I don't think.
I now have a set of Aeromach engine guards on mine. They are not as sturdy as the OEM bars, but they are functional for hanging my air horn from and I can put my foot up on it going down the road, they are level across the top and don't angle out into the passing traffic so much, I have the gloss black powder-coated ones.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To RBinTEX: can you post a photo? My OEM scout bars angle forward and seem weird.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Depends on the bike, and the person critiquing it. Obviously some have a better eye for the intrinsic beauty of a motorcycles lines, and the flowing curvature of the highway bars. And then there are otherso_O

T

·
0 Posts
My Scout is completely bone stock...waiting to spend money on engine upgrades!...;)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Mine are also Areomach but know that should a standing tipover (sidestand fukup) happen they will do the job. And in truth I have no problem with how they look. Rode the bike for months without bars but feel better with them.

And my bike is loaded with accessories/bling, and won't spend any money on performance other then springs/shocks. Each to their own.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Ok. When I bought my bike I ordered everything. (Too much money.) There was no aftermarket at the time. Honest opinions. What do you think of the hiway bars on the scout? I just put them on and I am torn. And by the way because they are angled you can't rest your feet on them while cruising. I love the look of a naked scout. Maybe I should have bought the Vintage. But I love the ride on the scout. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. Remember, I am a tough biker. They mount very securely and and are very well made.

View attachment 19445 View attachment 19446 View attachment 19447
Marcus; curious about what you have mounted to the frame on the right side below the saddle.

·
10,005 Posts
To RBinTEX: can you post a photo? My OEM scout bars angle forward and seem weird.
The new ones I bought still angle slightly forward, but they are usable for other things besides a crash bar.
They seem to fit the bike better cosmetically and are functional for hanging stuff from them and to put your feet on them without them sliding off.
Nothing wrong with the OEM ones, I have had them on for quite sometime, but I like the Aeromach ones better and someone has spoken for the OEM ones and I will be shipping them soon as they get back off a trip!

·
Registered
694 Posts
aeromach highway bars in gloss black, i added non-slip tape on the top so i can rest my feet on them without scuffing the paint and to keep my feet from sliding off as
IMG_0972(1).JPG
IMG_0969.JPG
the gloss is slippery......

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I saw some highway bars online somewhere and made a mental note to remember where...I forgot. Anyway, a Scout in Sturgis had them on. They are black and instead of being rounded, they have a point that comes out near the top. Not explaining it very well, but they actually looked good. Not a fan of the other highway bars though.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I saw some highway bars online somewhere and made a mental note to remember where...I forgot. Anyway, a Scout in Sturgis had them on. They are black and instead of being rounded, they have a point that comes out near the top. Not explaining it very well, but they actually looked good. Not a fan of the other highway bars though.
sounds like lindbys.............

·
Vendor / bronze
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Regarding the gadget mounted on the frame of my bike. (See lead photos). That is the amp for my speakers. Not too many hiding places on a scout.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Actually the bars look good to me, better then the black IMO. I'm actually not a fan of the large windshield on this bike but can understand the practical use of it for some...just not my style.

·
10,005 Posts
aeromach highway bars in gloss black, i added non-slip tape on the top so i can rest my feet on them without scuffing the paint and to keep my feet from sliding off
Another good idea! Care if I use it? <G>

·
Registered
694 Posts
Another good idea! Care if I use it? <G>
of course! ill even send you some if you cant find any. it seems to get scarce around here for some reason, so i bought a whole roll. comes in handy............

1 - 20 of 27 Posts