Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm trying to figure on which hitch to buy. Ease of install, etc. Either way looks like the light harness is gonna suck.
Thanks In advance.. Show Chrome is also an option. Intel overload. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed a Rivco hitch on my 2019 RM
Very easy and no problems. Also used their wiring harnesses and modules that were needed. All plug and play, except for a couple of wire crimps for the wiring isolator. The hardest part was to fish the trailer harness to the rear.
My best price was on Amazon, though you might be able to find it cheaper.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I had a Bushtec on my goldwing. It fastened in 3 spots on each side and was strong enough I could stand on the ball and bounce the bike without any problems. I weigh 220. That kind of strength is not needed, but it was nice to know. :D

How does the hitch fasten on an RM ?

·
Bronze member
1,161 Posts
I have pulled this trailer majority with my older bike (2003 RoadStar), over 30,000 km pulling
never had the swivel coupler.

On my Roadmaster, i have a swivel ball on the hitch. Do not like it, so will be switching to a regular ball this year.
it seems to waggle a small amount - even after re-balancing load on the trailer. Tongue weight to start off should be about 25lbs. adjustment may be necessary depending on your own situation and loading of gear.

I do like the look of the swivel coupler, but my trailer does not have it.

·
Bronze member
1,161 Posts
For wiring, you will need a Canbus isolator, current relay/adaptor, and if your trailer is 4 or 5 wire system.
Mine was 4 wire, so also needed to convert 5 to 4 system module

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had a Bushtec on my goldwing. It fastened in 3 spots on each side and was strong enough I could stand on the ball and bounce the bike without any problems. I weigh 220. That kind of strength is not needed, but it was nice to know. :D

How does the hitch fasten on an RM ?
Easy to install hitch, 4 bolts at muffler supports , l had the dealer install harness.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm sorry bolts on to the frame where the muffler bolts go, I've been pulling mine's for 2 years, over 3000 miles.
YouTube can give a better description than I.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I installed a hidden hitch from Big D Custom hitches. He has a Facebook page. I also used an Custom Dynamics Isolator for the trailer wiring. The hitch was a simple install and it bolts to the rear frame. I would highly recommend Big D Custom hitches.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts