Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if highway bars come with highway pegs I don't see any pictures just wanted 2 know thanks guys can't wait for December :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have yet to see any highway bars that come with pegs. I have seen a few bars that have a place to put your feet but they don't tend to be comfortable.

It's shopping time my friend.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Registered
960 Posts
Indian crashbars do not you get to pay extra and I don't use them as they are too far a reach for me and my inseam is 30". I just rest my toes against them, I even have the pegs turned in.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Heavens. With a tank that little who needs hiway pegs? You'll be walking round the gas pump over that next hill.

Besides: The whole charm of this bike is it's so naked. A minimalist style. Why bolt on extraneous plumbing?

There ought to be a Man Law: No useless crap on your Scout.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Useless crap personalizes a scout! Looking forward to personalizing mine....helps me get through winter and/or delivery time.

Reactions: BHW

·
Registered
960 Posts
I can reach them, but I have them turned way in. Like I said I just rest the tip of my boot against them folded up. I just find them uncomfortable to me, or maybe I am just not used to having my feet not close to brake and shift lever. If you look at the other bikes I own you will only find two other cruisers and only one has hwy pegs. I mostly ride the fz1 and my Chieftain and those are the only two I have ins on at this moment. And they are worlds apart as far as riding position goes.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I have never met a biker who could not resist putting something on his/her bike. This would be like telling a biker they should not put pins on their vest. I do agree putting too much on the bike can make it look stupid, but remember it's not you bike.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
I have never met a biker who could not resist putting something on his/her bike. This would be like telling a biker they should not put pins on their vest. I do agree putting too much on the bike can make it look stupid, but remember it's not you bike.
Putting to many pins and patches on a vest does look cool? o_O

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Had hwy pegs on the Shadow, they were great at times. Put mini-boards on the Scout, their so comfortable I'd have no use for Hwy pegs.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
No highway pegs came with my 2014 Chieftain. I intend to put them on as they allow me to stretch out my legs on longer trips. Need to keep as comfortable as possible(bad lower back) . My former MC had them and felt great on those longer trips.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I just wish if they are having so much trouble getting the highway bars chromed that they would offer us an opportunity to get them plain and let us do what we want with them... I am still toing with the idea of powder coated black if/when I get them so chrome is just a waste!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts