Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a fan of OEM products. I like sticking with the dealership for work, which is warrantied, and ordering parts from them I know will fit. However, when I priced rear highway bars for the Springfield Dark Horse, it blew my mind the difference in price. Indian's price is $310. Amazon has them for $60. I ordered from Amazon because I know if I'm not happy, I can return them. It took me less than 30 mins to install them. It's 3 bolts per side. Now for $60 and 30 mins, I'm set.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Got the same set. For all we know it's the exact same plant as Indian sources from..... until it's proven otherwise

·
Bronze member
5,077 Posts
To add insult to injury, the bars used to be standard inclusions on the Springfield DH. Now they are extras - same with windshield and auxiliary light bar.

My 2018 DH came with them, but here in Oz it costs $1,350 to add front and rear bars to the new model.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The rear bars are a rip off for sure! I bought mine for the same price on eBay 10 months ago. They are just fine!

Reactions: Rudy23

·
Silver member
4,971 Posts
Are they the same tubing diameter and wall thickness?

·
Rider
1,054 Posts
I have a set of those too.
Very good quality. The paint and welds are really nice. Lines up perfectly nothing is off location.
The bars are more then heavy enough to hold up the Chieftain
Indian is just like Harley maybe worse.
They sell you a bike and anything extra you will want they gouge the crap out of you.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Same tube diameter too!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yea, you have to do what makes sense. Just doesn't make sense to buy the Indian brand hwy bars or the rear bars. I bought sets for the Challenger on Ebay. The fit and finish was just as good as the factory bars.

Move over photo to zoom
Have one to sell? Sell now- Have one to sell?

Shop with confidence

eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Learn more- eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab
Seller information
21st-autoparts (3318 )
99.1% Positive feedback

Save this Seller

Contact seller
Visit store
See other items

Rear Highway Engine Guard Crash Bar Kit For Indian Chief Chieftain Roadmaster

Condition:
New

Compatibility:
See compatible vehicles

Quantity:
6 available / 2 sold

Price:
US $68.99

Buy another
Add to cart

Best Offer:

Make Offer
Add to Watchlist

A seller you've bought from
Free shipping
30-day returns

·
Silver member
4,796 Posts
Same here. I got the Amazon's about 1 1/2 years ago. Fit & finish is just as good as the front OEMs on my '15 Vintage. Not crazy about buying what are likely china knock offs. But then, where do the OEM bars come from?

EOM front bars are 1 1/4 inch. The Amazon rears are 1 inch. I don't know the wall thickness. Likely neither will hold up in much of a moving accident.

But both hold up very well if you happen to tip the bike over in the driveway, and the garage too.... friend told me that :rolleyes:

·
Bronze member
2,543 Posts
Same here. I got the Amazon's about 1 1/2 years ago. Fit & finish is just as good as the front OEMs on my '15 Vintage. Not crazy about buying what are likely china knock offs. But then, where do the OEM bars come from?

EOM front bars are 1 1/4 inch. The Amazon rears are 1 inch. I don't know the wall thickness. Likely neither will hold up in much of a moving accident.

But both hold up very well if you happen to tip the bike over in the driveway, and the garage too.... friend told me that :rolleyes:
I had a RM that came stock with the rear guards. The rears bars are more narrow than the engine guards. Also, read the description of the IM bars...they are for protection on tip-overs only, not for accidents.

·
Bronze member
2,977 Posts
Like anything else that you buy from any Stealership,they always jack the price waaaaaaaaaaaay up.I was looking at oil filters the other day on the online Indian web site,and they wanted something like 40-50 bucks for their "Genuine" Indian oil filter,which by the way,is made by someone else [then rebranded with the Indain name] and sold to the unsuspecting customer for a big price mark up .Now mind ya,Polaris does NOT make their own oil filters.They contract em out to the lowest bidder,then mark em waaaaaaaaay up [like 3-400%] when they are,infact,the same exact filter you can buy at your local parts house for waaaaaay less money.For example,I use the Wix #51358 or Napa# 1358 which is "INFACT" the same exact oil filter,but rebranded with the Genuine Indian name,and THEN, the price jacked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up.But it's up to the individual as to whether or not they wanna do it themselves,[if they can]. Dave!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts