Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Highest MPH on the bobber

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Cpcampbell 
#1 ·
What's the highest MPH yall have done on the bobber or Scout?

2+ years into this bike and I've never tested it above maybe 115, coming from sport bikes I'm completely curious and might have to find out.

Not necessary but I'm human.

#4 ·
It will hit 120, then the bike will feel like it's not breathing anymore...it just won't go any faster lol

...your gauge will hit 120 and stop, lose a bit of power, accelerate again, lose power, etc etc...

be careful man - it's fun to do it once 👍🏼

Reactions: Ian22
#5 ·
Thanks man, I got the new airbox installed and tuned so definitely curious if it goes above. Might have to break out the gopro for this.

#8 ·
Indian Stage 1 Tune ??

I got the Stage 1 tune also, but it doesn't eliminate the fuel cut...

I think only Fuel Moto can bypass that 🤘🏼

#13 ·
Iv had several other bikes but my last was an 05 cbr1000 with heavy, heavy mods. 150 was almost normal for me and the track. Fastest I had that bike was higher than that and that’s why I don’t own it anymore. I became so used to those speeds that I started to loose my self control and situational awareness due to time becoming comfortable. After 8 years of riding I got my bobber and I’m happy it’s slower, it’s a cruiser, it’s still spunky.

That all said, I also, had to try it. I’m absolutely human. I had 50 miles on the bike (shhhh) and took it to 110. Now I’m at 550 with exhaust, Arlen ness intake, EJK tuner. My acceleration is much quicker and it sounds happy but the ejk intercepts the injector signal and 120 it’s the highest I can go before it cuts out. After spending a day being frustrated I convinced myself this is for the best. Lol!

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Iv had several other bikes but my last was an 05 cbr1000 with heavy, heavy mods. 150 was almost normal for me and the track. Fastest I had that bike was higher than that and that’s why I don’t own it anymore. I became so used to those speeds that I started to loose my self control and situational awareness due to time becoming comfortable. After 8 years of riding I got my bobber and I’m happy it’s slower, it’s a cruiser, it’s still spunky.

That all said, I also, had to try it. I’m absolutely human. I had 50 miles on the bike (shhhh) and took it to 110. Now I’m at 550 with exhaust, Arlen ness intake, EJK tuner. My acceleration is much quicker and it sounds happy but the ejk intercepts the injector signal and 120 it’s the highest I can go before it cuts out. After spending a day being frustrated I convinced myself this is for the best. Lol!

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh dang! Yea that's why I stayed away from bikes until now in life. Glad to know you lived through the craziness. Got to top her out twice today (30 miles of my commute are low traffic clear highway). Right around 120 and exactly at 6500 rpm she just stops accelerating. It's a super soft governor so it feels like she want's to keep climbing but didn't see anything over 6,500. It feels like it has long enough legs for 140 @8,000 RPM'ish. I wouldn't want to imagine another another 500 rpm on top of that like K9F mentioned especially on a tall FTR. On a side note have you guys noticed we seem to have a really small radar signature? Every time I pass one of those speed signs its either displays much lower than actual speed or doesn't catch until very late.

#6 ·
I could never go that fast, I have a 60 so may be slightly different but i have a FM tune and my shit is vibrating like a MF around 90 not to mention the wind w/o a wind screen.

I think I personally, am too chicken shit, would only attempt it on a track too much can go wrong on the road, like a dip shit deer that stepped out in front of me tonight.

I’ll bet its fun AF to do it tho.

#12 ·
On my normal Scout, needle goes over 120 for sure, didn't think to look at engine RPM at the time, but I'll check in the next few days. Normally cruise between 90 and 110 daily would feel some slight vibration at part throttle over 90 would go away with throttle. Moved the rear wheel back a bit to tighten up the belt and smoothed out nicely.

#14 ·
Not a Bobber or Scout but an FTR. That too was limited to 120mph whereupon the fuel was cut, exactly the same symptoms as hitting the rev limiter. Fuel Moto got rid of the speed limiter and raised the rev limiter by 500 rpm. Easy fix.

#16 ·
Yep, anyone saying they've gone over 120 on a Bobber is stretching their story a bit...

it's not possible...

#17 ·
I have mine tuned with exhaust and performance air cleaner. Needle said 130 on mine. Now I didn't whip out the GPS to check but that's what my bike said. That was pinned too. Gets to 115 pretty fast. The last 15 mph takes a bit. It's smooth up until about 125 then gets a bit shaky.

#19 ·
Tested mine again after getting a new seat. It goes from 80 to 120 very quick. Once it past 120 I slowed down to avoid getting pulled over. But yeah again the needle went over 120. I did here about the governor that prevents all bikes from going over a certain speed so I assume that the momentum just allows them to go a bit faster even if they have stopped producing power beyond 120. My bike gets there very easily. No shakes at all. I wonder how fast it would go if it wasn’t limited. 🤔

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.